34

K A T

When we got to the hospital, my fingers were nervously tapping against the wood of the table beside me.

"Don't worry." Harry tried to calm my nerves from my side. "Your eye will be all right."

"I know." I assured him, even tough I wasn't quite so sure about that. It wasn't just that I was worried about how my eye was from the ball, but it would also bring to the doctor's attention that I hadn't been wearing glasses when I was supposed to. Because I was labeled a nerd for wearing them.

"Weber, Katrina." the receptionist said, and I couldn't help but feel nervous. Nonetheless, I covered my injured eye and Harry led me to the hospital room that I was assigned.

When we got inside, a doctor was waiting and Harry took a seat in a chair. My heart beating out of my chest, I hopped onto the table.

"What happened to your eye?" the doctor asked, half amused. Harry kept a stone hard expression on his face and his glare laid on the doctor.

I sighed before staring at my feet. "A ball hit it in the eye."

He wrote something down on a clipboard. "How big was it?"

Harry frowned in my peripheral vision. I fought the urge to frown as well. "Small." I said hesitantly.

He shook his head and smiled. "Some ball it must've been then. I'm Doctor Cosby, eye specialist. Just call me Cosby."

I nodded in understanding, but all that I wanted was to get this over with. Why couldn't he just give me the medication needed and let me leave? I prayed he wouldn't do an eye exam on me.

In the silence of the room, the tapping of a pen on paper could be heard. I waited for what seemed like ages for Dr. Cosby to say something.

Finally he spoke up. "It appears that you're due for glasses, but the last time you picked up a prescription was a year ago."

Harry looked at me and I felt guilty under his stare. I could tell from the way that he was looking at me, that he knew why I hadn't been wearing them.

"I... uh..." I looked down nervously. I had no idea what to say; this is what I feared would happen.

"Kat." Harry said curtly.

I turned in his direction, not confident enough to even stare into his eyes anymore. "Yeah?"

"You need to get glasses tonight."

My heart dropped into my stomach. Of course this was happen, isn't this why that was planted for me to open it? Caitlyn knew that I needed glasses. And a trip to the hospital would be a fresh reminder.

I was defeated.

Dr. Cosby smiled faintly and scribbled down even more words on his paper. "I have some anti-inflammatory pills for you to take home that should reduce the swelling. This looks like a minor injury and you should be good as new within a few days. Just take it easy."

Before I could even say anything, Harry beat me to it. "Thanks for all your help."

I swallowed hard. Harry was upset with me. The aura that he was giving off had made that evident.

Cosby nodded and opened the door. "Wait at the desk and a nurse should hand you your prescription."

I walked out first, followed by Harry. Words could not describe how bad I felt for just wanting to fit in. Harry couldn't possibly forgive me.

Tears started to form in my eyes.

I thought Harry would tell me off, but instead he wrapped his arms around me and embraced me in a hug. "Don't cry, baby." he cooed in my ear. "I'm here for you. You're okay."

I shook my head, despite his soothing words. "I'm so sorry for trying to fit in so badly. I went as far as not wearing my glasses and I- I'm sorry."

Harry just smiled into my eyes. "Darling, that's alright."

I closed my eyes and just enjoyed being in Harry's arms for a while. The whole world seemed to stop when I was with him, and he made it feel like the world around us had seized to exist. Like we were in our own little universe.

But nothing could make me forget that I was one step closer to becoming the loser I once was.

*

OMG so sorry for not updating but I went to otra Indy and they sang drag me down live for the first time which was a blessing to hear but now I'm jealous bc the concert tonight at heinz field and ugh I just miss my harry and my liam and my louis and my Niall

and then Zayn is coming out with an album??? do they not realize im broke??? i mean,?? I have no job

drag me down is so good and im currently listening to it bc we all know their mixtape is going to be fire

ok that was lame bye
-amira