26

K A T

When I went home, I was greeted by Kimberly. My parent's car wasn't in the driveway, and Harry had dropped me off.

"How'd it go?" she asked, and I sat down next to her on the living room couch. "The dinner, I mean."

I smiled and sighed. "More than just the dinner went." I said, looking at her. "Me and Harry kissed."

"I knew it!" she squealed. She looked pretty excited for a near stranger to be. "I knew it from when I first got here. You two are perfect for each other."

I shrugged, not being able to suppress the smile that was growing underneath. I had grown feelings for Harry a few days before, but I didn't want to tell myself that because we hadn't met too long ago. But now, seeing as long as we'd spent together, it made sense.

"What happened after that?" she asked. It was clear she was almost going to want to know every detail.

I turned the television on. "Well, Harry played a movie while we took a little nap-- in each other's arms."

"Awe." she smiled.

I added, "And then we had dinner with his family. His dad was pretty nice to me and his sister, Gemma, was helpful. She gave me advice on what Harry likes and doesn't like."

"Why do you need advice?" she asked.

"Harry's birthday is in nine months, I have to be ready!" I joked, "But no-- seriously. I'm taking him somewhere special during the week!"

That seemed to make her really happy. "Where?"

"Well, we're going to the movies." I sulked and Kimberly laughed. "But it's still special because we're going to this drive by movie place out of town. Then we're staying at a hotel and driving to Kentucky to ride the Belle of Louisville."

She gasped in awe. "That's a cruise, right?"

"Right." I confirmed. Saying these things out loud made it feel more real, which made me feel even more happier. "Then Friday is prom and I'm thinking about asking him."

"Isn't it guys ask girls, though?" she questioned and I wondered how she knew that.

"Yeah..." I said uneasily. "How'd you know?"

"I'm going to start going to eastern starting Monday." she sighed. "Just in time for finals and exams, right?"

I chuckled. "Right. Maybe Harry and I could show you the ropes."

She grinned at me. "I'd love that. You two have been so nice to me; from Harry making pancakes for you with me to you guys making sundaes with me. I appreciate it."

It didn't make sense why anyone wouldn't be nice to someone as sweet as Kimberly. "You're welcome." I said, and diverted my attention to the television.

*

The next morning, there was a ring at the doorbell. Mom and dad were yet to get home, so I put on my socks and rubbed my eyes as I walked down the stairs.

When I opened the door, I was more than surprised to see a familiar face-- one from I dream I had. The one I remembered to be Zayn.

"Hey." he said lowly. "I'm looking for Harry, do you know where he is?"

I didn't know whether to answer or not. Maybe Harry was wrong about him escaping the gang. Maybe it was a stunt. A lie. And he would be out to get us.

"He's not here." I said, mustering all the braveness I could.

He must've smelt my morning breath, because he backed a few steps away. "I know. But you'll bring him to me or take me to him, right?"

I could think of a plan on the way there, because the last thing I wanted was to be gunned down on my own front porch.

"Right." I swallowed hard. Let me just get the directions from Harry and we can go in your.. car?"

He chuckled lightly and shook his head. "No, love." he paused, "I don't have a car."

"I have a motorcycle."