-9-

"It is your duty to remain on the lookout, König. Take a trip to the east and pack up there. Keegan and Soap will guard the gates. Ghost and Ripper will be responsible for returning the hostage. Gaz, you are going with me. Don't forget, we are a team, so anything you do will have a big impact. We are going in together, and we are going out together. You got it?" Explained Price.

We all nodded our heads and hopped out the chopper. "Y/N, you with me?" Said Ghost.

"Affirmative."

"Alright, follow my lead." We ran towards the building, Keegan and Soap in front of us. "König, do they know our 20?"

"Negative, Lieutenant."

"Okay, proceed with caution."

Running down some stairs, we passed some crates to a room. "Ghost? Check this out." He walks into the room, a hand on my chest to keep me behind him. "Is someone in there?"

He sighs, muttering, "Bloody fucking hell." Yelling into the radio, "Hostage is on the move!"

"Is he armed?"

"Unknown."

"Everyone, move forward! This building is fucking empty."

"Yes, LT."

We all moved up to the entrance where Simon started handing out instructions. "Johnny and Keegan, keep lookout over the field. König, I need you to keep a lookout from the hills, alright? Y/N, you're with me. Gaz and Captain, you hold 'em up for Y/N and I. We go in quick and we get the hell out even quicker. Try to keep your noise levels down to a minimum, yeah?"

We ran out to our new designated spots, I was tagging behind Ghost. "Simon, why am I always being signed up with you?"

"Because, Y/N, we are both the best soldiers here, you know it too. And what do you get with two chocolates together? Three!"

"That's... not correct."

"So this is why you and me are always put together."

"But, aren't you the ones making the teams?" He looked down at me from the side. "I mean, you're a Lieutenant meaning you're in charge, no? So you're putting us together, nobody else."

"You're a military soldier, not fucking Sherlock Holmes. Shut up, will you?"

My internal laughter came out at him being flustered and we continued along our way without a second thought.

***

"Mission successful!" Price raised his glass. Everyone 'whooed'. "A big appreciation to Lieutenant, here. Couldn't have done it without you, Ghost."

"Appreciated, sir." 

"Alright everyone, don't stay up too late. Take three days off, I know you deserve it." Price left, leaving only me, Simon, Keegan, Soap and König. 

"Why don't we turn on some music?" Asked Soap.

"Music for what?"

"For dancing obviously?"

"I'm not going to dance." We all said in sync.

"Oh, come on! We have finally defeated whomever it was we had to defeat and now we have three whole days off to enjoy the relaxation. Can't you guys loosen up and relax a bit?"

Feeling bad for John, I got up. "Fine, I'll dance with you. But before doing that, I definitely need more drinks." Walking to the drink cart behind the couches everyone was laying on, I poured myself another glass of bourbon. From the corner of my eye, I could see Ghost staring into me. I walked back to the couch, ignoring him. "So, Johnny. What song are you going to play?"