-16-

"Y/N, hurry up, will you?"

"Don't call me that. It's Ripper on the field."

"Yeah, well, we're never gonna make it on the field if you don't hurry the fuck up!" Whined Gaz.

I was busy putting on my gear but the suit got mixed up by the new assistant. Martha is sick so we got a temporary replacement. Grace isn't any better, she's fucking blind in one eye. Literally.

But that's besides the point.

"Y/N, hurry up."

"Okay, okay, I'm done."

Hopping into the passenger seat of the vehicle, Gaz turned on the ignition and we took off. Ghost was expected to arrive through a separate vehicle to have a more accurate escape plan.

We drove to the location given to us by Price -a neglected-looking building- and parked a few ways off the road, deep into the woods. We headed out of the vehicle and walked towards the area stealthily, keeping an eye out for any obstacles.

Soon, Price's voice sounded through the radio. "Lieutenant, you copy?"

"Yes, sir." Came the voice of Ghost.

"Ripper? Gaz?"

"Yes, sir." We answered simultaneously.

"Keegan?"

"I'm here."

"Any visual?"

"Hold on.." Keegan replied. "Yes. Ghost, there's three round that corner. Y/N and Gaz, you guys are safe for around two kilometres. After that, it's a hell house. Fucking crowded, Taj Mahal style."

"Copy that."

We moved forward, more careful than we were before. We spread out quite a bit, but still in sight of each other. 

I spotted movement on my left and looked through my scope to see a rabbit. I sighed with relief and focused on the path again.

"So, Y/N?"

"Ripper."

"Sorry, Ripper. So, about that thing you said a few days ago. About the children thing?"

"We're on a mission, soldier. Focus."

"Y/N...Have you talked about that to anyone before?"

I keep my gaze ahead and ignore his question. Who does he expect me to talk to this about? My parents? Ha. 

That's funny.

"Y/N?"

"Ripper, Gaz, look out! There's a bomb about fifteen feet ahead of you, scatters the land. Keep your 20 secured and circle that shit."

Gaz and I's stances become quite frantic as we make our way around the trees, worried we might diffuse something explosive.

Rather sooner than later, we finally reach the building as Ghost tells us he cleared the exterior area. 

The three of us meet up and make our way inside, looking for our target; a Latin man named Carlos Afonso. Apparently, he sent a cargo ship out to sea filled with weapons and prostitutes. We need him to stop it.

"Ripper, go through there. Soldier, check out that area. I'll cover the area upstairs. Understood?"

"Yes, Lieutenant."

My breath came in ragged gasps as I struggled to control the trembling in my limbs. My heart raced, thudding painfully against my rib cage.