Reunions Never Get Old (Part 2)

Dante

Very rarely did he feel content in letting someone share the stage for him. All the demons want him and as far as he's concerned, he'd rather prefer to take them all by himself. Even when he shares the battlefield with other people, more often than not it's him doing the heavy lifting. Don't get it wrong, Trish, Lady and Nero (until recently, with his newly awakened Devil Trigger) are formidable fighters, but he'd rather handle these types of dances solo.

Yes, Nero knocked him and Vergil on his ass atop that demonic tree, but he was at full strength while both of them have been tapped out. At least both he and Vergil gave him that backhand to the face later on.

Only Vergil was able to keep up with him. Even when he was weakened by Mundus's torture and enslavement, the Qliphoth fruit not only undid the physical damage, it further empowered him to new heights. As for him, the sword named after his father is now a part of him, both human and demonic halves now working in utmost harmony.

It's also why he opted to summon the devil sword that bears his own name instead of his other weapons. It's only fitting, especially with his brother present. He's used the Yamato, and so it's fitting he uses this very sword.

Rushing through a Hell Antenora, he gives it the pincushion treatment via Million Stab. Unlike Vergil's Mirage Edge, Dante's weapon is bulkier and larger which causes each stab to be slower (but nonetheless still fast for the human eye to keep up), yet each one packs more power. Vergil's individuals stabs feel like consecutive attacks with a knife, while his own is more akin to being stabbed with a sword.

"What, not tapping in?" Dante asks his elder brother, who stands there with his arms crossed.

"You require my assistance with mere cannon fodder?" Vergil inquires with a raised eyebrow.

"Fair point." Dante slides to the left, dodging the swing of a Hell Caina, rewarding it with a shotgun to the face.

"So, what have you been up to, bro?" Asks The Legendary Devil Hunter.

"I've heard of troubling news. The demons of this world are seem to be communing with our own." Vergil reports, watching Dante casually lean back against a charging Hell Antonera, sticking out his right foot and making it trip, finishing it with a shot from Ebony.

"Not surprised. They're like gossiping ants." Dante scoffs as he brings out the Devil Sword from his back, blocking two hits from a pair of cleavers and a scythe. He swings it like a bat, the greatsword slicing through the infernal creatures like butter.

"I guess you've also heard how our old man's stirred up quite the shindig here. Said something about him participating in a Great War centuries ago with a number of factions." The red half-demon adds, shooting at a Hell Antenora without so much as looking at its direction.

He's taken enough demonic contracts from his 'mysterious benefactor' that pays quite the hefty sum and each of them have spoken the name of Sparda as if he was a living legend. Unlike his own homeworld, none of them knew of him having twin sons, so this must've been either before or after Mundus was sealed, but not to the point where he and their mother met.

His family bloodline was spoken with hatred and anger in the old world. In this one, it's more of shock and fear than anything else. A pity some still have the balls to attack him and decided to waste what's left of their life.

Still, he wished he didn't have to hear about some of his father's...proclivities. Really didn't need to know that he was a manwhore before he got hitched with Eva. Who knew they have their own version of the Joestar s*xdrive?

"Yes. It seems the legacy of our father follows us even here." Vergil says neutrally, causing Dante to raise an eyebrow at his brother's tone.

The old him would've been proud of how his father made his name known beyond their world, shaking it to his core with his legendary feats. It's also partially the reason why he embraced his demonic nature more than his human side, after all.