Lay Out The Cards

AN: I unpublished this chapter since I had to edit a few things. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone!

Occult Research Club

"Not bad, you know how to make a good brew." Dante compliments Rias, who returns it with a smile.

True to its name, the room itself has a dark vibe to it, consisting mostly of reddish and purple colors with a Victorian-era like design. It almost reminds him of his father's solar back when he and Vergil were still kids.

Sometimes he saw his old man writing letters like he didn't have a phone. He always has been the old-fashioned type.

Tea's never been his strong suit, though he had to get used to it when Vergil, being the annoying pain in the ass that he is, challenged him into drinking it without putting in any sugar. Let's just say another fight between them erupted with their wooden swords stuck to each other.

Ah, the perks of having a healing factor. Any blow that would be normal to an average Joe and Jane are mere bug bites to him and his twin.

"I'm glad you approve, Dante. Now, we just need to wait for your twin brother." Rias tells him politely with that same disarming smile.

Boy if Issei were to come here, he'd most likely be crying his eyes out of envy. He doesn't hate the guy, but he definitely needs to learn not to be a slave to his hormones.

It'll get him killed one day.

The Legendary Devil Hunter takes another sip of tea. He made sure to put several sugar cubes to die down the natural bitterness of the leaves, allowing it to flow into his lips.

Despite how hot it feels in his mouth, it hardly does anything significant.

"How exactly has your stay here been at Kuoh Academy?" Another voice speaks out next to him. Looking to his right, he sees Akeno Himejima, another one of Kuoh Academy's Great Beauties as the boys call it with an alluring smile that would've made a guy cross his legs.

"Not bad. Everyone's at least pretty chill, and most people have enough courtesy to mind their own business for the most part, especially after what happened."

"Ah, when half of the male population attacked you out of envy." Akeno recalls, putting a finger on her chin.

"I've heard you've been friends with Issei Hyodo as of late. I thought you don't like perverts." Rias inquires.

'More like put increased surveillance' Though he doesn't say it out loud.

"I don't really care what he does as long as he doesn't force himself on them physically. Besides, it's pretty hypocritical for him to get crapped on when the girls here are just as bad. I've heard enough girls having some idea of pairing me up with him." Dante points a thumb at a blond teen with blue eyes and hair, clad in a male academy uniform.

The aforementioned male in question gives him a sheepish smile and a nod of apology.

"I'm sorry for the trouble that's caused. It must be hectic since we're both considered the princes of the school." Dante waves off his apology.

"Don't sweat it, it's not your fault. Not like you're even spreading those types of gossip anyway." Dante lets out a small sigh.

Normally, being in a room surrounded by devils is asking for trouble, yet none of them have made any moves that resembles hostility.

If anything, some like Rias and Akeno are looking at him with a hint of wonder and awe. Even the blond price-Kiba Yuto if he's correct- is lightly bouncing his leg out of anticipation.