┊𝗩

─────══─────
『 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟬𝟬𝟱 』
──══──
Encounter

Everyday tasks have become even more draining than usual. Not being able to consume chakra for energy is taking a toll on me. Kawaki can tell and he doesn't hesitate to point it out, often jokingly saying he'll choose someone for me to eat when we go out together. It's irritating, and I often end up stomping on his foot in annoyance.

The Seventh Hokage has been following Kawaki around a lot lately, which makes me wary of what Kawaki might say next.

Last night at dinner, he pointed at Boruto and it caused a scowl to form on my face. I refused to talk to him for the rest of the day and today as well.

This morning, I left the house early. The Seventh Hokage was also awake and we had a brief conversation. He seemed concerned about my well-being, asking if I was okay. I brushed it off and said that I was fine, but it made me wonder why he seemed so caring all of a sudden. It's hard to tell if his kindness is genuine or if there is some other motive behind it that he hasn't shared with anyone.

He offered me money for breakfast, but I declined, feeling like I didn't need it. My response caused a frown to appear on his face, probably worried about what I would eat instead.

The warm breeze brushed against my tanned skin, causing a shiver to run through me. From up here, the village below looked vast and endless. This place was my escape from everything, and another perk is that I can use my dojutsu without anyone watching.

Boruto's little sister has already told the Seventh about my glowing eye, and I hope that will be the first and last time someone catches me using my dojutsu. The more people know about me, the more danger I could be in. The only thing keeping me in this village is the hope that the Seventh will rescue my siblings from one of Kara's bases, and maybe even Kawaki.

Sighing, I laid on my back and used my arms as a pillow behind my head. A memory flashed through my left eye as I activated my dojutsu. It was like watching a movie. A frown appeared on my face when I saw Delta and Kashin's faces, making their way towards the village.

"We have to retrieve Kawaki and Shin," Kashin said. "It's our main objective."

"Whatever," Delta replied. I didn't think they would come for us so soon, it had only been a week or so.

I let out another sigh as I closed my eyes, enjoying the warmth of the sun on my body. Days spent outside under the sun were rare in Kara, for both me and Kawaki. I want to savor this moment of freedom while I still can.

I know that with my current strength, I am not capable of defeating Jigen, and Amado won't be helping anytime soon.

I was tempted to use my Dojutsu to see what Kawaki was up to, but I resisted the urge. I needed to respect his privacy, and only intervene if he was in danger.

Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted by a loud growling from my stomach. One of my hands reached back to soothe the discomfort. Maybe I should have taken the money Lord Seventh offered me to buy food. Hinata said I could help myself to anything in the fridge, but it felt strange to do so without permission.

I stood up, ready to teleport back home, but stopped myself. If Delta and Kashin were on their way, I needed to save my energy for the upcoming fight. I would be useless if I didn't convince Amado to help me.

The pain in my stomach intensified as I continued to think. Without a source of chakra, I was useless.

As I climbed down from the Hokage Faces, I walked through the streets of the village on my way back home. Exhausted from not consuming chakra, I never thought it would be this draining. I had assumed that eating regular food would sustain me, but clearly it wasn't enough.