┊𝗫𝗜𝗜𝗜

──────══──────
『 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟬𝟭𝟯 』
──══──
Isshiki

Our attention was fixated on the engulfing flames surrounding Jigen. "I mean, it's an incredible inferno... But he's just gonna absorb it with his karma, right?!" Boruto exclaims.

I reply, "Jigen shouldn't be able to absorb them."

"Those flames aren't created using chakra. They are natural... Real flames! Jigen can't absorb them," Kawaki agrees.

We continued to watch as Jigen struggled within the flames. But suddenly, we were all left in shock as the flames began to shrink. "No way..." Kawaki exclaims, disbelief evident in his voice.

As much as I tried to convince myself that it could be this easy to kill an Otsutsuki, it didn't make sense. Jigen or Isshiki wouldn't die by something like this.

"Hey! Looks like he's absorbing it!" Boruto's voice cuts through the tension, but Sasuke corrects him from outside the window. It seemed Boruto didn't quite grasp what was happening.

"No, he's not. He's actually shrinking them! He is making the flames smaller using his special ability," Sasuke clarifies.

"The Sukunahikona, Isshiki's secret jutsu. It can shrink almost anything. And restore it almost instantly too. The only exception is living things. He can shrink himself, but no other living thing," Amado reveals, and I bite my lip in realization. That must be how he can make things appear almost instantly. Amado continues, "But otherwise, anything goes. Even flames."

"What a simple but fearsome ability," Shikamaru comments. "So how does the masked guy plan to deal with it?"

"Oh, we anticipated this happening, of course. In fact," Amado's words trail slowly. "That's why we chose to strike now."

We watched as Jigen managed to shrink all the flames, but with strained grunts, he fell to the floor on one knee. Then, not even a second later, the flames began to engulf him once more, and his screams echoed through the Kara base.

"If it was a summoning Jutsu, which obviously was, and if the flames were a natural source, an issue can you can't absorb them. And if it's a never-ending source, then he won't be able to stop it unless the summoning Jutsu is disrupted," I explain, trying to make sense of the situation.

"What the?! He's starting to burn again!" Lord Seventh exclaims.

"He'd barely started recovering from his battle against the two of you. So it's impossible for him to continuously shrink down the eternally burning fire... Of the flaming mountains right now," Amado explains.

We watch as the flames rise, almost covering the entirety of the projector. Kashin Koji sits on top of the pillar, watching Jigen getting burnt by the flames.

"Seems like a rather abrupt end. This is the way to kill an Otsutsuki?" Naruto questions, uncertain about the current event.

"Are you even paying attention?" Sasuke sighs. "You're still a dunce."

"Huh?!" Lord Seventh exclaims, and Shikamaru lets out a sigh at the small banter.

"Have you not been listening? He's got the karma. As long as they have the Karma, the Otsutsuki don't die. They'll keep on resurrecting. Otsutsuki Isshiki. Currently, he's got Jigen and Kawaki, two vessels with Karma. In short, he can come back to life twice," Sasuke explains to Naruto. "Isn't that right, Amado? Based on your explanations. And now you're going to tell us how to take him down, given that factor is correct?"

"That is correct, Sasuke," Amado confirms. "You've got a good grasp of things."

"You also mentioned earlier that if Isshiki would be able to reincarnate in Kawaki's body rather than the unsuitable Jigen, we would not be able to stop him... And it will be the end of the world. But it doesn't make sense if Jigen were to die, taking Isshiki with him, Kawaki would be the remaining soul vessel," Sasuke deduces. "We will be playing right into Isshikis hands. Isn't that right, Amado?"