┊𝗩𝗜𝗜

──────══──────
『 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟬𝟬𝟳 』
──══──
━『 Code 』

Opening my purple eyes, the familiar sight of pasty white hospital walls greeted me. The strong smell of antiseptic filled the air. Sitting up with a groan, I realized I was in the hospital again. No IVs were attached to me, so I guessed I was fine. No reason to be here, then.

Looking out the window to my left, I saw it was a few hours past noon.

"How are you, Shin?" asked a voice.

Turning, I saw Lord Seventh, sitting by my bed. Shikamaru and Konohamaru weren't around this time.

"Fine," I mumbled. Lord Seventh sighed at my short answer.

"You know," he said, scratching his head, "I didn't expect such a brief reply after you used Kurama as a battery."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said. "I don't even know who Kurama is."

"Kurama's the nine-tailed fox inside me. I let you use some of his Chakra," he explained.

My eyebrows knitted together. "I told Kawaki to keep quiet about that. Can't believe he told you."

"He was just trying to help," Lord Seventh reassured. "He cares about you."

Kawaki caring about someone? Hard to believe. Especially me.

"But I want to talk about what you did to Delta," he continued, leaning forward.

"What about it?" I asked nervously. I knew I'd shown too much strength. Now I was probably in trouble.

"It's strange," he said slowly. "You can make portals, but you didn't use one with Delta. You just appeared. And how did you know she was there? Plus, your need for Chakra..."

He smirked as I stared blankly.

"...So, Shin. Is there something you're not telling me?"

I stared back, gripping the bedsheet. "Big sister said not to talk about myself to strangers."

Naruto sighed, leaning back. "I see."

"But I'll help you," I said, letting go of the sheet. "As long as you keep Kawaki safe and get my siblings."

"I know you'll keep your word," he said. "But you lied about being weaker than Kawaki."

"I said that for my safety," I replied. "I knew what you'd do otherwise."

"And how's that?"

I smirked. "Big sister says not to tell strangers."

He laughed. "I tried."

"Big sister's word is final," I said. "How's Kawaki?"

"He's good," Lord Seventh said, and I narrowed my eyes. He laughed. "Really, he's fine. We fixed his arm."

"How?" I wondered aloud. "Was Amado here?"

"What was that?" he asked.

"Nothing," I said, looking back up.

Boruto was throwing kunai after kunai at the target, not missing a single one, unlike the last time at the training ground. Mitsuki and I were just watching him.

"I wonder what Kawaki's doing?" Mitsuki suddenly asked.

"Hm?" Boruto hummed, pausing his throw.

"He said he had something to do back home," Mitsuki reminded. "Remember?"