┊𝗜𝗩

─────══─────
『 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟬𝟬𝟰 』
──══──
━『 Concern 』

Naruto scolds, "Hey, Boruto! That's way too much salt."

Boruto rolls his eyes and retorts, "What?! It's fine, it's not that much."

Hinata chimes in, agreeing with Naruto, "Boruto! Too much sodium is bad for your health."

I was about to inquire if I could use some of the salt that Boruto was generously sprinkling onto his food, assuming it must have tasted delicious.

"It's fine. I'm still young," he responds with a grin. "That aside, seeing you at home all day is throwing me off, Dad."

Himawari teases, "But you like it!" and I observe the playful banter between our family members.

"Huh?!" Boruto responds.

"It's fine. There's no need to hide it." Himawari smirks.

"Cut it out, Hima! Don't make fun of your big brother!" Boruto fires back.

The mention of my siblings brings a slight frown to my lips. I constantly watch over them, but I see no signs of them breaking free from their constraints. Even Kawaki is unaware of their existence. My thoughts are interrupted by a growl from my stomach. I glance at the food in front of me with narrowed eyes; despite eating and resting, I still don't feel completely satiated.

Hima insists with a smile, "But it's the truth!"

I glanced over at Kawaki and saw that he was hesitant to eat the food. As for me, I still had doubts about what could be hidden in it - whether it was laced with poison or not.

Hinata speaks in a soft and caring tone, "Kawaki, is the food not to your liking?"

"Don't worry it's not poisoned," Lord Seventh reassures with a smile.

Kawaki scoffs in response, "Like I can trust you."

Kawaki was cautious about consuming the food provided, but I was too famished to follow his approach of not eating.

I had been stuck here for days while Kawaki was busy in the lab and at the hospital, and I had concluded that the food was safe for consumption. Besides, my immunity to poisons made me confident that even if there were any malicious intentions behind the food, they would be futile.

Boruto snickers and gestures towards Kawaki, saying, "Best to ignore someone who won't eat Mom's cooking!" Then, his expression turns serious as he adds, "Also, I still haven't forgiven you about the vase."

"You're such a pest- " But before Kawaki can respond, he suddenly notices something and shouts, "Oi, Shin! Why are you eating that?!"

I look at him in confusion, realizing that I had already finished most of the food on my plate. I slowly take the last bite of broccoli and chew it slowly while he continues to stare at me in disbelief.

"I'm just hungry," I mutter, feeling confused as I tilt my head to the side. "I've been eating their food for days and haven't noticed anything strange."

"Tch," Kawaki clicks his tongue before slowly digging into his own meal.

"Shin!" Hinata's surprise is evident in her voice and expression as she looks at me with a happy smile. "You eat quickly. Would you like some more?"

"U-Um, no, it's fine-" I attempt to refuse.

"I'll get you some more," She cuts me off with a smile and heads back to the kitchen with my plate. My eyes widen and my words catch in my throat at her offering to get me more food.