┊𝗫

──────══──────
『 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟬𝟭𝟬 』
──══──
New things

(✧) ── 3rd pov

"No issues here, except the overwhelming boredom that might actually kill me," Code quipped, crossing his arms and stifling a yawn.

"Above all, it must be done, Code," Jigen responded, leaning his face against his hand. "For some reason, the Leaf has discovered this location. I changed its coordinates as a precaution. But don't let your guard down."

"Roger that," Code replied, sounding uninterested as he placed a hand on his hip. "Did you get your scheduled call from Boro?"

"Boro is dead," Delta declared, joining the call.

Code hesitated, "Delta..."

"He was obliterated without a trace, and I don't see the Hokage anywhere," she reported.

"You went all the way there?" Code questioned.

"Jigen said he couldn't get in touch with Boro, so I had no choice," Delta explained.

"I see," Code acknowledged, understanding. "Jigen can't move until his chakra has been fully restored."

"Did Uchiha Sasuke do it?" Jigen asked Delta.

"No, I don't think so. It looks like he was wiped out by a significantly greater force. The only thing I see right now is gold and black spears everywhere and a giant one, which must be where Boro is under, killed, obviously."

Shin is my favorite, Code thought to himself, attempting to conceal the blush on his cheeks at the information that Delta had shared, knowing it was Shinchiro. Jigen's expression tightened at the news, as he, too, understood that Shinchiro had killed Boro.

"So what are you going to do?" Code inquired, a soft flush of pink coloring his cheeks. "Are you going to avenge him?"

"There's no need for that. I just want you to continue keeping an eye on the ten tails," Jigen replied in a brooding tone. Everything will be fine as long as Shinchiro doesn't get his limiters removed; we've already had one taken off, and that's all he needs, no more, no less, Jigen thought to himself.

"Yeah," Code drawled childishly with a smirk. "But I'm surprised that the great cult leader died. I'm sure his followers are going to be devastated." Code concluded, and the call ended, his virtual body pixelating away.

Jigen ordered, "Delta, I want you to come back here."

"Understood," she replied, pixelating away like Code.

"How do I do this?" I asked Boruto, referring to the sheets I had to hang on the washing line. Everything I did to evenly hang the sheets seemed to be failing, and they all turned lopsided.

He let out a laugh when he saw the work I did and stopped treating the grass, walking over to me. "I'll help you, put these back in the basket," Boruto said, taking the scrunched-up sheet gently away from my hands.

Boruto demonstrated how to do the chore, pulling the fabric evenly over the wires and then placing one or two pegs to hold the material in place.

"It's easy, Shin. How did you manage to make them all wonky?" Boruto interrupted with another laugh as he watched me attempt to string up another sheet, but I still couldn't get it right.

"I've never done this before," I retorted back to him, and he dragged out another laugh, making me embarrassed.

"It's fine, Shin," Boruto reassured, patting my shoulder. "I'm sure Mum is grateful we are helping with chores anyway."