┊𝗩𝗜

─────══─────
『 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟬𝟬𝟲 』
──══──
Delta

I groggily open my eyes, squinting against the bright sun. Sitting up, I rub them with closed fists and run my fingers through my hair.

With a heavy sigh, I plop back down on the bed and stretch out my arms above my head. A low groan escapes from my mouth as I try to wake myself up.

As I wake up, my surroundings slowly sharpen into view. The sunlight filters through the curtains, casting a warm glow on the familiar room.

But, there are also thin beams of light peeking through the slits, prompting me to fully open my eyes and get out of bed.

As I lay still, I take a moment to gather my thoughts. Fragments of the previous day's events slowly piece together in my mind, creating a blurry recollection.

I remember hugging Kawaki and feeling a strange sensation in my body. Shaking my head, I push the memory away.

I inhale deeply and push myself up, savoring the softness of the bed underneath me. The cool sheets provide a pleasant contrast to the warm rays of sunlight filtering through the window.

The room is filled with a blend of fragrances that I have grown to love. I once asked Hinata what it was and she told me it was vanilla.

I drag my tired body down the stairs, each step a small win against gravity. My breath comes out in exhausted huffs as I make my way down, feeling like my energy has been drained from my sleep or more likely, the lack of chakra consumption.

The dining room is where I'm headed - a familiar refuge in this house, although lately the bed has been a close rival for that title.

Hinata's cheerful voice calls out my name, breaking through my grogginess. Her warm smile greets me as I enter the room. "Come sit at the table. I'll warm up the breakfast we saved for you."

I barely manage to mumble a half-hearted 'thank you' as I struggle to shake off the grogginess from my deep sleep.

My body feels stiff and uncooperative as I slowly stretch out my arms above my head, emitting a few strained groans in the process.

The house is suddenly engulfed in an eerie silence, leaving me feeling disoriented. I glance over at the clock on the shelf and let out a mental sigh. It's already past eleven o'clock and I hadn't even noticed.

I mumble, still feeling the heaviness of sleep in my voice, "Miss Hinata?"

"Yes, Shin?" I hear her voice from behind a pillar as she peeks her head out to get a look at me.

I ask, my curiosity piquing as I try to understand the reason for the eerie stillness within the house. "Where are Kawaki and the others?"

Hinata continues to wash the dishes from breakfast while explaining, "They all went out to train this morning. I was planning on waking you up, but Kawaki insisted you needed more rest."

I feel a blush spread across my cheeks. It appears that Kawaki is still worried about me, noticing my exhaustion and making sure I get enough rest.

The idea brings a gentle smile to my lips as I appreciate his thoughtfulness towards me.

Hinata's hands pause in their task as she apologizes, "I'm not sure which training ground they went to though, sorry."

I feel my eyes widen at the unexpected apology. "Please don't apologize, Miss Hinata. I can find them on my own," I reply with a small smile, trying to ease any guilt she may be feeling.