┊𝗫𝗜𝗩

──────══──────
『 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟬𝟭𝟰 』
──══──
━『 Hatred 』

Sai led Amado, Sumire, Katasuke, and me to a secret spot in the Anbu that was deemed safe. Katasuke carefully pushed the medical bed with Kawaki resting on it.

"I never expected to be hidden in such a facility," Amado said to Sai and Lord Seventh, who was walking next to Sai. "Thank you."

"We need you to keep an eye on Kawaki's condition," Katasuke interjected. "This science is beyond my understanding."

"Regardless of where you would have placed me, Shinchiro would've kept me safe," Amado said to Lord Seventh and Sai. I shot Amado a glare from the corner of my eye, grateful that he hadn't revealed my Otsutsuki abilities but annoyed that he still hinted at them.

"Shin is here now because of Kawaki," Lord Seventh stated. "Isshiki is a formidable enemy, and we can't underestimate him. Though it would be unwise to discount Shin's abilities, I doubt he could do much damage to Isshiki if he were to show up."

Amado laughed at Lord Seventh's words. "Isshiki is too afraid of Shinchiro to act rashly," he said with a chuckle, causing Lord Seventh and Sai to glance back with confusion. "Especially since I'm in the village. Shinchiro has the ability to—"

"You'd better stop," I interrupted Amado with a scowl before he could say anything more about me.

"Alright, calm down," Amado replied.

"Well," Sai said as we reached the doors. "Since it's peaceful in the Anbu now, we sealed it away, thinking we'd never need to use it again. The Byakugan can't find Kawaki while he's here. This is the perfect place for our current situation."

A few seconds passed before Sai spoke again. "Only you can open this barrier," he said to Lord Seventh.

"Yeah," Lord Seventh replied, undoing the seal that held the door closed.

Entering the secluded room, Sumire and Katasuke took Kawaki to a nearby corner, and Amado and I followed briefly. I sat down on a chair near Kawaki's hospital bed and settled in. Rubbing my temples, I let out a groan.

"When was the last time you consumed chakra?" Amado asked.

"Dunno," I replied with a groan, resting my head on the chair, letting it hang over the top as my body slumped further into the seat. "After I killed Delta, I think."

"You can't live off food," Amado reminded me. "At the very least, you have to slowly switch over to more of a food-based diet, consuming less and less chakra as you go. But that doesn't mean you can't consume chakra. It's in your DNA to do so."

Before I could respond, Katasuke chimed in. "Is Shin's DNA the reason he has Otsutsuki abilities?"

But I cut him off, turning to Amado. "Amado, keep your mouth shut and help Kawaki," I said firmly. Amado let out a hum at my demand and turned his attention back to Kawaki.

Katasuke looked annoyed, but he didn't say anything further.

I lean back in the chair, gripping the seat between my legs as I absentmindedly swing my legs. Glancing around the small room, furnished only with a corner couch, my eyes fixate on an irregularity in the rock wall. It's not a dent, but more like a concealed compartment, measuring about one meter in both width and height, and extending approximately one meter into the wall.

I retreated to the corner of the room, pulling my knees close to my chest as I hugged them tightly.

"Such an odd one," Amado muttered, his gaze shifting from me back to Kawaki as he observed my movements.