~Chapter 10~

Dreamcloud looked at the brothers in shock, they got there in time, how could her plan have failed? all her thoughts rushed into her head at once as she realised she had lost, Crystal cooed happily seeing her uncles once again which snapped Dreamcloud out of her shock.

"What b-but how? I made sure to make the challenges were so tough that you would be sure to lose!" Dreamcloud said.

"Sure we may argue and don't always see things eye to eye a lot but in the end, nothing is more important to us than family" John Dory replied.

"No no no! This is all wrong you weren't supposed to win!" Dreamcloud shouted.

"But we did, now hand over our niece" Clay demanded.

Dreamcloud looked at Crystal who happily cooed, she felt conflicted, she lost, if she handed over Crystal she would lose the child she saw as her own, she didn't know what to do.

"Look they won fair and square hon let's just give Crystal back and-" Nightlight was interrupted.

"No" Dreamcloud replied coldly.

"What?" Nightlight was confused.

"I said I would do everything to keep Crystal safe and I will do anything to make sure she does" Dreamcloud explained.

"Please Dreamcloud, she belongs with her family, just let her go" Floyd pleaded.

"Nightlight hold Crystal and whatever happens keep her away from them" Dreamcloud handed Crystal over into his arms.

Nightlight just nodded and held Crystal close to him, he wasn't sure how he felt about this because he didn't want to go against his wife's request.

"We need to get Crystal home to her actual parents, give her back!" Bruce glared.

"You don't understand! Just go back to wherever you came from or else!" Dreamcloud's hands started to glow bright ready to attack.

"We're not going home until we get our niece back" John Dory said.

"Tough luck! You're not going to get her back!" Dreamcloud yelled.

"Watch me!" John Dory shouted.

He immediately ran to try to grab Crystal from Nightlight but he was stopped by some weird force and got knocked onto his butt.

"What the?!" John Dory looked up and saw Nightlight had made a force field while holding Crystal close to him.

Nightlight just gave him an apologetic look and wasn't planning on taking the force field down, the brothers rushed over to John Dory.

"Are you ok?" Clay asked.

"Don't worry about me, focus on getting back Crystal" John Dory said, getting up onto his feet.

"Good job Nightlight, just keep the force field up, i'm going on offence!" Dreamcloud started to fly and charged up the magic in her hands.

Bruce tried to hit the forcefield but it was too strong suddenly a glowing cloud ball shot from Dreamcloud's hands and luckily Floyd spotted it.

"Bro watch out!" Floyd moved Bruce out of the way.

"Since when could she do that?!" Clay exclaimed.

"You didn't think I only had teleportation magic did you?" Dreamcloud smirked as she prepared more of her magic.

As she shot more of her magic at the brothers they had to dodge quickly, running all over the place just to avoid getting hit, the brothers attempted to try and break the forcefield but Nightlight's magic was too strong.