Chapter~23 {Day 1: Inside Leh's Beauty - The Persistent Sting of the Hurt Game}

Sidharth was left completely stunned by Shehnaaz's reaction. While he had intended to playfully make her a bit jealous, it became evident that Shehnaaz wasn't just jealous—she was genuinely hurt. Unaware that Shehnaaz had misunderstood his attempt to help as a kiss, Sidharth felt a swirl of confusion. Thankfully, they found themselves alone for a moment; Samaira was on a call, and the others were enjoying the cloudy weather around Spituk Gompa, the main attraction.

As Shehnaaz uttered those hurtful words and walked away, Sidharth was left in solitude, grappling with the weight of her emotions. Shehnaaz, a whirlwind of anger, hurt, and a hint of jealousy, sought refuge in being alone. Despite the pain, there was a poignant beauty in her solitude, as she found comfort in the breathtaking view and the chill in the Ladakh air. The landscape of Ladakh became a canvas for her emotions, capturing the bittersweet essence of the moment, where the stunning surroundings mirrored the depth of her feelings.

Sidharth tried all the possible way to grab Shehnaaz's attention while coughing loudly he said," Samaira pani do na.. *Cough, cough, cough!*" but Shehnaaz didn't pay any heed to him.

Likewise, Sidharth persistently tried to grab Shehnaaz's attention, but it seemed like all his attempts were in vain. The fact that Shehnaaz didn't react at all made it evident to Sidharth that there was something genuinely serious going on. The silence that hung between them and the noticeable distance Shehnaaz kept emphasized that the situation was more complex and challenging than he initially understood. Sidharth grappled with the realization that he needed to dig deeper to comprehend the underlying issues.

After spending about half an hour at Spituk Gompa, the group decided to move on to Shanti Stupa. Inside the van, Sidharth cleverly left a seat next to him open, hoping Shehnaaz would choose to sit beside him. However, despite Sidharth's subtle maneuver, Shehnaaz opted to move her seat closer to Aarav, inadvertently causing Sidharth a pang of hurt. The shifting dynamics within the group were becoming more apparent, and Sidharth found himself grappling with the unintended consequences of his actions. 

Sidharth wore a frown as he looked at Shehnaaz, but she shrugged it off, paying no mind. The van ride to the next stop, Shanti Stupa, was silent and a bit awkward. However, the sight of the beautiful monastery, renowned for its peaceful ambiance, seemed to lift everyone's spirits. Stepping out of the van, Sidharth surprised Shehnaaz by grabbing her hand, and they strolled together as if the earlier tension had never occurred. Shehnaaz, unsure about his sudden change, stayed quiet for the sake of the others. The serene surroundings worked their magic, softening the atmosphere.