6.Khushi | Happiness | خوشی

❝Hai Tamanna Humein
Tumhein Dulhan Banaaye
Tere Haathon Pe Mehndi
Apne Naam Ki Sajaayein❞

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Continues...

In the morning, Rumi emerged from her room, marking the first day of her internship with Sani. Descending for breakfast surprised Amina, accustomed to her daughter needing a wake-up call. The girl, usually difficult to rouse, was up and prepared, leaving Amina in awe.

"Woah esa konsa sawab ka kam kar diya mene jo mujhe Rumi ka chehra itni subah dekhna naseeb ho raha hai?"Amina quipped to Rafiq, engrossed in his newspaper. Rumi overheard and groaned.
(Wow, what virtuous deed did I do to witness Rumi's face this early?)

"Mumma me der se uthu to taane, me jaldi uthu to taane. Kya karu me mar jau?" she exclaimed dramatically, hugging her dad.
(Mom, if I wake up late, I get teased; if I wake up early, I get teased. What should I do, die?)

"allah na kare kya bakvas kar rahi ho subah subah." amina Immediately scolded her.
"God forbid, what nonsense are you talking so early in the morning?)

"soch samjh kar bola karo Rumi." rafiq also scolded her.
(Think before you speak .)

"Ammi, I've told you before and I'll say it again. It's all because of those reels she's been watching," Taha interjected, joining the scene.

Rumi made a face at him, and their parents chuckled at their antics, though Rafiq signaled Amina.

By the way, what time do you need to be at the hospital, Rumi?" Amina asked, offering her tea.

"It's sharp at 8:00," she replied, taking a sip.

"Great, you have one hour left. I-" Amina began with enthusiasm, but Taha interrupted.

"Why did you wake up so early when there's still an hour left?"

"I was so excited I couldn't sleep the entire night, so I decided to wake up and see your pretty face in the early morning," Rumi said, batting her eyelashes.

"Oh, thank you. But what were you excited about? The internship or the marriage proposal?" Taha teased, mimicking her actions. A blush instantly appeared on Rumi's face, and Taha brought up the topic from the previous day again. Amina chuckled at their banter.

Papa, see-" Amina cut them off. "Be quiet, both of you. The matter I'm about to discuss is serious." Both nodded obediently.

"Your papa and I have no problem with Zayan's proposal. Rumi, we will say yes to them if you're ready to marry Zayan. Do you have any objections?" Amina asked calmly. Rumi's face turned red at her mother discussing marriage openly, especially with Zayan. She had to respond, if not today, then another day.

"Ammi I -I-" she was saying but taha again cut her off.

""Ammi, I-" she began, but Taha interrupted again.

"Of course, you can deny. I will support you."

"Yes Rumi, beta, we will support whatever you want. No need to get married this early," Rafiq added, supporting Taha. Rumi's heart melted, witnessing the protectiveness of her brother and father.Rafiq was against marrying off to Rumi this early.

"Shut up, both of you. At least let her speak, and Taha, what's with you and cutting everyone off mid-sentence?" Amina scolded.

"Sorry," Taha said, lowering his tone.

"Mumma, Papa, whatever you think is best," she said, though inside, her heart was screaming "YES, YES." Her parents smiled at their obedient daughter.

"May Allah bless you, my child," Amina said, kissing her forehead.