7. Aghaz | beginning | آغاز

❝ Nayi raahein, naye sapne, ek naya safar,
Dil mein hai umeed, muskurata hai asar.
Khojte hain naye manzil, har kadam par naya iraada,
Har pal hai taaza, hai junoon ka silsila. ❞

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Continues.....

RUMI 'S POV

Bhai dropped me off at the hospital, and as our car halted in front of my destination, I noticed Sani waiting for me. She glanced at both of us, nodding at Bhai, but he simply shook his head and left without saying anything. I was perplexed by his behavior. Why did he ignored sani like that.

He was fine till coming here. We had been talking throughout the entire journey, and .I questioned Bhai about his indifference towards Hania, and his response was rational. He mentioned getting negative vibes from her, expressing that she was never pleased with whatever he did. I wanted to tell him that I was the root of the problem, but all I could muster was advising him to try making their relationship more bearable.

Regardless, I proceeded towards Sani, who immediately enveloped me in a hug. It was our first meeting since graduation.

“she exclaimed, hugging me tightly. I laughed, feeling a bit embarrassed as people around us looked on, but Sani didn't let go.

"Allahhhh, Sani, I can't breathe," I protested, and finally, she released me. She proceeded to check me over, and after ensuring my well-being, she remarked, "Nothing should happen to the bride-to-be," making me blush at the thought of being Zayan's bride.

"Let's go inside we'll be late.”
I suggested, ignoring her teasing comment.

Entering the hospital, we marveled at its beauty. Who would have thought a hospital could be so aesthetically pleasing? The air was scented with disinfectant, and the bustling sounds of footsteps, beeping monitors, and distant conversations filled the atmosphere. Sani and I exchanged glances, now understanding why everyone in our class envied us for securing internships at the city's largest hospital.

Navigating through the hallways, we reached the administrative office where the head of internships, Dr. Fayaz Khan, was located. After a deep breath, Sani knocked gently, and we entered.

“assalamualaikum.” he welcomed us warmly. we both offered a smile replying back the salam.

“you are saniya afzal and Rumi Siddiqui right ?” he asked and i replied.

“he confirmed, and I replied affirmatively.

"Yes, I am Rumi Siddiqui, and she is Sani," I said, but Sani corrected him, tugging at my sleeve saying, "Saniya Afzal." Dr. Khan didn't mind and proceeded with the introduction.

“Okay please take a seat.” And we both took a seat ourselves in front of him.

“so I hope you know I'm fayaz khan. And I am head of internships program in this hospital. ”

We both nodded and he started introducing us what we have to do. He shared insights into the structure of the internship, explaining rotations through various departments, mentorship opportunities, and the importance of hands-on experience.

Feeling a sense of responsibility, I listened attentively. Dr. Khan handed us a schedule outlining our rotations and introduced us to key staff members. After everything was done, he called someone, asking him to join us in his office.