16. Mazi | past |ماضی

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❝'We both were blind.'
You never saw me and
I never saw anyone else.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Continues.....

HAMZA'S POV

As I lay on my bed, engulfed by a whirlwind of emotions, the weight of my life's upheaval presses down on me like a suffocating blanket.

The clock on the wall ticks relentlessly, each second echoing the passage of time I can't seem to escape.

With a heavy heart, I shut my eyes, seeking refuge from the relentless storm raging within.

For two days now, I've avoided the hospital, and the reason behind my avoidance seems absurd.
.
.
.
'Why bother going when she won't be there? What purpose does it serve to traverse those sterile corridors when her absence renders them desolate?'

A solitary tear slips from my eye, a silent testament to the ache festering in my soul.

It's only been two days since her departure, yet every moment feels like an eternity of emptiness

I grapple with emotions long buried, unable to contain the flood of sorrow threatening to consume me.

I can't recall the last time tears stained my cheeks so freely, but now they flow unabated, betraying the facade of strength I once wore like armor.

If my father witness his supposedly composed son's refusal to visit the hospital, driven to tears by the absence of one woman, he would have a heart attack.

But she's not just any woman; she's become my anchor, my solace in a world fraught with turmoil. When did she become so indispensable? Her smile, once a beacon of light in my darkest hours, now feels like a distant memory haunting my every waking moment.

Fuck hamza she is married.

I've exhausted every effort to shake these relentless thoughts, berating myself for not acknowledging my feelings sooner.

But the fear of abandonment, ingrained in me since childhood, shackled me from accepting the love I so desperately craved.

And then, like a cruel twist of fate, memories of that fateful day come crashing back, etched into the very fibers of my being. I was just a child of nine, innocence shattered by the harsh reality of abandonment.