15. Asal | Real | اصل

❝Ro rahi hu ek muddat se
Ho gaya tha jo ishq shiddat se

Tajurba hai tabhi to kehti hu
Maut acchi hai is mohabbat se.❞

I've been crying for a while now,
The love that had happened intensely.

It's because of experience that I say,
Death is better than this love.❞

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

I can see you guys are not commenting like before😞isn't my story good anymore? 😭

How's the shayeri???

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Continues...

AUTHOR'S POV

As Rumi busied herself in the kitchen, the shrill ring of her phone shattered the silence, sending a jolt of anticipation coursing through her veins. With trembling hands, she reached for the device, her heart pounding in her chest with a mixture of apprehension and longing.

"Hello?" she murmured softly, her voice barely more than a whisper.

"Ammi and Hana are coming home today," he announced, his tone devoid of warmth or affection.and sent shivers down her spine, instantly recognizable despite the absence of any greeting. It was Zayan. How had he obtained her number? The question lingered in the back of her mind, but she pushed it aside, focusing instead on the words he spoke.

A surge of emotion welled up within Rumi, a beautiful smile lighting up her features as she absorbed the news. She couldn't suppress the overwhelming sense of excitement that flooded her being, her eyes sparkling with unshed tears.

It had only been one day since she had been separated from her loved ones, but it felt like an eternity. The ache in her heart, the longing for their presence, it consumed her every waking moment. And now, at the mere mention of their return, her soul soared with joy. Maybe the reason was zayan's cruelty toward her.

"Okay," she murmured softly.

"Listen to me carefully! If you so much as breathe a word to Ammi about us or even think about harming Hana, I'll make you regret it on the spot. You'll see the true meaning of hell in my house, got it?" he growled, his voice dripping with menace as he continued to scribble on the file before him.

A shiver coursed down Rumi's spine at his menacing words, her knees threatening to buckle beneath her at the venom in his tone.

She resolved in that moment never to divulge a single detail of her married life to anyone, no matter the cost.

And as he mentioned doing something to Hana, a wave of confusion washed over her. What could she have possibly done to warrant such a threat? It made no sense to her, Even it is other way around.

"I won't tell Ammi anything about us, but what do you mean by 'did something to Hana'? What could I possibly do to her?" she asked, her voice tinged with confusion.

His hand paused in its task, his attention momentarily diverted from the files to her.

"Rumi, Rumi," he spat out her name, frustration evident in his tone. "Why do you persist in pretending to be innocent? You know your true self, and so do I. You can't fool me with your act. Then why do you do it all the time?"