Prologue: The Very Beginning

Hey guys! I will be updating this story once a week, starting out by releasing three parts! Feel free to skip this first one, it's not all that important, this is from the point of view of your parents as a small introduction, chapters two and three will switch to first person, bringing you more into the story as you start your interactions with all the characters we know and love from the Harry Potter series! Enjoy! <3

(Author's Note: Y/N is your name, L/N is your last name, M/N is your mother's name, F/N is your father's name, and U/N is your uncle's name!)

M/N and F/N L/N seemed to live a normal life to anyone who saw them from the outside. They had been married for a few years already, had good jobs, a nice house, and had just recently had their own child, Y/N, who was nearly a year old at this point.

Little did these people suspect that M/N went to work every day through her fireplace, or that she would occasionally come home from work with some sort of new injury after being tasked to break a rather dangerous curse, not that it wasn't easy to fix such things with a wave of a wand and a few fancy words.

They didn't know that the L/N's newspaper and mail was delivered by owl every morning or that M/N had just gotten a letter recently explaining the death of two of her old friends and the orphaning of their son, Harry... They didn't know that this just as easily could have happened to their own family...

Though F/N was never magically born and worked a more regular job than M/N, a simple police officer, it was nearly impossible to keep him from being wrapped up in the magical yet dangerous world that M/N lived in, but she wouldn't have it any other way.

F/N knew all about the letter M/N had received explaining how the person wizard-kind had been fearing for so long had suddenly disappeared after attacking the Potters. He also knew about the death of her friends, and about the baby that would be delivered to Privet Drive just nextdoor by nightfall the next day.

Many were celebrating this day, but M/N just couldn't bring herself to find the same enthusiasm as any of the other wizards and witches that lived around them. She had a dreadful feeling in the pit of her stomach that... He... Wasn't gone completely...

Instinctually, her free hand, the one that wasn't holding the baby, would go up to the necklace around her neck. It seemingly looked like a beat up gold ring with a dark stone on its top attached to an old chain, but it had served her and her brother well when they were going through school, especially through her brother's disappearance during those years at Hogwarts.

Without this charm M/N would have never survived long enough to break the control the dark lord, as many wizards called him, had over her brother. She couldn't imagine her life without U/N, imagine her child's life without her uncle...

As if reading her mind, a warm hand would find its way to her shoulder, giving it a supportive squeeze as F/N spoke softly to her, "Hey, I can tell you're thinking about everything that happened again, you don't need to worry about any of that right now, what you should worry about is getting some sleep, okay? I can take Y/N for a bit." He would say, reaching for their child.

"But you have work in a few hours! You should be the one getting some sleep, I'm gonna be stuck at home all day anyways," M/N would protest, but it was already too late. He scooped the baby out of her arms, leading her to bed and after laying a gentle kiss on her baby's forehead and one on her husband's cheek, M/N would oblige at last.

----

After M/N was woken up by her husband who was headed off to work, the day went by rather quickly even with the strange things that were happening across the city they lived by.

Though she knew those celebrating this day were being rather reckless in hiding their world from the muggles, she would be lying if she said it wasn't entertaining watching her neighbors' (specifically the Dursleys') confusion at the strange happenings.

First it was the cat in the Dursley's yard that was seemingly reading the newspaper, M/N knew what, or specifically who, this was and after watching Mr. Dursley attempt to shoo the cat away and failing miserably she would go out and invite the cat inside.

In the cover of the L/N household the cat transformed into her human form and M/N would give her old Professor a hug, the two of them chatting as best they could while still caring for Y/N who was currently crying to be fed.

"I'm so glad you could make it Minerva, so much has happened in just the past few days... Do you know when Albus will arrive with Harry?" M/N would ask while warming up a bottle of milk in the kitchen.

"Of course, my dear. I believe nightfall, less chance of any muggles seeing us then, not that many of us seem to mind that today." She would say with a huff, the sternness in her voice a good reminder of when M/N had once had to call her good friend Professor McGonagall only a few years ago, though it felt more like a century now.

Y/N would distract the two ladies for a moment as they stopped crying and instead cooed in excitement, a chubby arm reaching out as the baby's eyes fixed on something outside the window, a large group of owls flying overhead.

"We'll certainly be llistening to an entertaining news story on how they explain all of this later," M/N would say with a chuckle, Minerva letting out another huff in response.

It had only felt like the two women had talked for a little bit instead of hours before F/N arrived home, greeting the Professor politely before going up and changing out of his uniform. Nightfall arrived swiftly after M/N, or more like F/N, prepared dinner for the group, it wouldn't be long now...

When the three noticed the lampposts beginning to flicker off outside, they knew Albus Dumbledore had finally arrived and so the group went out to greet the older man. Though his expression was grim, he still greeted them all with open arms, explaining that Hagrid would be arriving soon with Harry. M/N would grin at the aspect of seeing another good friend of hers and the rev of a motorcycle could be heard shortly after.

As the large man dismounted his vehicle, M/N would run to him and give him a hug, careful of the small bundle he held in his arms as he chuckled and brought her into his own bone crushing one.

"Well it's gud to see yeh too, M/N," he would chuckle, releasing her and adding in afterwards, "Before we drop him off, I was hopin' to be able teh see that new baby of yers as well, if yeh don' mind."

M/N would smile and oblige happily, quickly fetching her baby from the arms of F/N who stood in the doorway and watched the gathering respectfully, he'd never been a part of the wizarding world until he met M/N after all.

After planting a kiss on F/N's cheek, she would return to the group and allow them each to hold her one-year old. Then, as Hagrid rocked both babies, surprisingly gentle in his arms, Y/N would wake with a small yawn, spotting the new companion. The baby's eyes sparked with interest as they seemingly snuggled closer to the other bundle of blankets who now smiled softly in his sleep.

"I have a feeling those two will become great friends in the future," Dumbledore claimed with a mixed smile as Hagrid reluctantly gave baby Y/N back to their mother.

It was now time to leave Harry here and allow him to begin his new life. After a few goodbyes from everyone, including F/N, they would leave the bundle on the doorstep with a letter addressed to the Dursleys, leaving the family quite the shock to find in the morning coming in only minutes.