Chapter 4: Shopping Spree!

Got a bit of a longer chapter for you guys today! I'm so excited because you finally get to meet Draco and his father in this chapter, I love and hate them both so fricken much! Now enjoy! <3

I woke up the next morning and went through my routine before everything that had happened yesterday finally dawned on me! Last night Hagrid had flown one amazed Harry and myself back to my parents' house, leaving the Dursleys to figure out their own problems.

Now that I thought of it, had any of last night actually been real? Or was it all just some wishful fantasy I had dreamt of? I was snapped out of my thoughts by an insistent tapping coming from downstairs and my mother yelling up to me, "Y/N! Please let the owl in before he wakes the boys!"

It took me a minute to process that sentence before I finally spotted the hulking figure of the one and only Rubeus Hagrid on the couch and the smaller figure of Harry who stirred under the blanket my dad had provided him the night before. Finally, I spotted the owl at the window and realized it was O/N! I quickly let him in, and he dropped a paper on top of Hagrid before coming over and saying hello.

"I-It wasn't a dream..?" I would hear Harry say from his spot on the couch, a smile growing on his face as Hagrid stirred and fished a few small coins out of his pocket to give the owl.

I let out a giggle before saying, "I thought that same exact thing, but I guess it's not, right..?" I would say, a bit uncertain before I finally decided to pinch myself, a little too hard. "Ouch... Definitely not a dream."

Harry let out a laugh before Hagrid spoke up, "Alrigh' you two, we gotta git a move on, lots o' shoppin' to do today! Take a look at yer letters and see what we need while we eat breakfast!"

Harry fished his letter out of his pocket and I read over his shoulder while petting O/N since I had accidentally left my own upstairs. "Eye of newt? Dragon scales?! A wand!? Where are we supposed to buy all of this stuff!?" I would exclaim as I continued to read off the list.

My mother cut in bringing us each a plate of banana waffles, "Don't worry hon, there's a place that Hagrid is taking you both today where you can get all of this! I really wish I could come too but I've gotta work and your dad is already on duty!"

Harry's face fell after a moment and he spoke up, "How am I supposed to afford all of this..? I don't have much money and you heard Uncle Vernon, he said he wouldn't fund magic school..."

Hagrid grinned as he shared, "Ya don' think yer parents left ya with nothin' now do yeh, Harry? We're headed to Gringotts first thing!" He exclaimed going on to explain the wizard bank while we finished eating and before I knew it, all three of us were out the door and headed up to London!

----

After a long ride on public transportation and after much grumbling coming from Hagrid, the three of us had arrived at our destination which was... Apparently, a small pub called the 'Leaky Cauldron.' Both Harry and I exchanged confused looks but were ushered inside by Hagrid who was greeted by many friendly waves and hellos.

"Sorry, can' stay, official Hogwarts business to attend to!" Hagrid would say to the invitations to have a drink before the bartender finally realized who was standing beside Hagrid.

"Well, I'll be... Is that Harry Potter..?" The bartender exclaimed and all talking came to a halt in the pub.

"You betcha! And young master L/N as well!" Hagrid would announce to which the reply of: "I remember the L/Ns! Your mother and her brother caused quite the ruckus in their years by trying to open those cursed vaults!" came in answer.