Chapter 7: Potions and Professors

"Well... Do you know where it's at yet?" My dream was dark, my vision black with an almost purplish hue to it, but I could still hear, even if the voices sounded distant and distorted. 

"No sir... I've been trying my bes-" The second man was cut off with an almost animalistic hiss from the first man. 

"Trying isn't good enough!" The first man would say, then he would freeze, the second man was about to speak once more but he was cut off again. "Shut up, can't you feel it, someone else is here!"  

I felt dread wash over me at that moment, had they noticed me? I didn't even understand what I was listening in on! 

"I'll take care of this..." The first man would hiss, and I would suddenly feel a cold pressure in my head as if someone was trying to force their way in! No, no, no! Stay out of my head!

"Y/N! Wake up!!! We're going to be late!" Just like that I was ripped away from the strange dream and awoken by the familiar voice of Hermione, I don't think I could have been more grateful for it either. I would sit up immediately and drag the confused girl into an embrace, "Y/N..? Are you okay..?" Hermione would ask, her voice muffled by my hug. 

"Y-yeah, sorry..." I would say with an embarrassed pink tint to my cheeks, I would let go of the brunette and get out of bed, "Just a really weird dream is all, I'll get dressed asap!" 

"Okay... If you say so..." Hermione would say in concern, "I'll meet you down in the commons room," she would finish, heading out the door as I began tugging off my pjs and putting on my robes, today was our first big day of classes after all and I didn't want to be late!

Hermione and I were able to catch Harry and Ron before heading down to breakfast, much to Ron's disdain, I honestly didn't know what his problem with Hermione was. Sure, she talked a little too much and acted like she knew just about everything (which was almost accurate) but as I got to know her more over these first few days, I was growing to like the girl more and more by the hour. 

During breakfast, the small group found a spot to sit at on the end of the house table, Hermione and I sitting across from the boys as we all reached for something to eat for breakfast.  

The flutter of wings startled me yet again as owls came swooping in through open windows towards the top of the dining hall, I smiled though as I spotted O/N and Hedwig, the two owls landing between the dishes on the table. Hedwig merely wanted pets from Harry and had come to say hello while O/N held a letter in his beak, dropping it into my lap before he helped himself to some toast while I read. 

It was from my mum and uncle! I leaned over the table to show Harry and the two of us read it together with a shared smile, it was basically a good luck on your first day of classes letter along with a threat to us both on what would happen if we didn't write a letter back to my parents at least once a week! I would have to do that later on tonight so that mum wouldn't come hunting me down during school! 

Soon enough the group ventured out in hopes of finding our classes, after all, there were around a hundred and forty staircases at Hogwarts, each one shifting and changing every minute. Along with this, a poltergeist called Peeves haunted the hallways of the castle, messing with students at every chance he got! 

Halfway through our trek Hermione realized that she had left one of her textbooks back at the dorms, quickly rushing off as she told the rest of the group, she would meet them at the classroom. The bad thing about this was that Hermione was the only one in our group who knew how to get literally anywhere, leaving the rest of us guessing as to which direction we should go next. 

"I think it might be through here..?" I would say, pointing to a closed door, we had managed to make our way to a rather dark part of the castle, the chatter of students distant.