Chapter 14: Unicorn Blood

I'm back with another update! Sorry for the skip last week but I have a feeling you'll enjoy this chapter!

After a very long lecture from Professor McGonagall, Draco was excused, still refusing to make eye contact with me as he scurried off to his dorm as quickly as possible. Meanwhile, I was told to stay where I was.

A few minutes passed with the older Professor staring sternly down her glasses at my cowering form until McGonagall finally let out an exasperated sigh, rubbing her temples tiredly. "I suppose I should have seen something like this happening with you, you're more like your mother than you realize Y/N... I just- I can't let anything happen to you, your mother... She would be heartbroken and I don't know if I can handle seeing her the same way she was after learning about Lily and James..."

I was unfamiliar with those two names but as I thought back I could have sworn Harry had mentioned them before... Wait... "My mom was friends with Harry's parents?!" I would burst out after realization dawned on me.

"Yes... She and Lily were basically inseparable, not unlike you and Harry. She's actually the one who gave Lily the courage to finally talk to James." The older Professor would say with a twinkle in her eye. "When your uncle went missing those two supported M/N through the rest of her years here, Lily took her under her wing immediately."

"My parents never told me or Harry that..." I would reply in awe, I would have to tell Harry about this later.

"Yes, well, they were trying to protect you both, your mother was always worried that he- Well never mind that. This isn't why I kept you later after dismissing Mr. Malfoy for the night." Professor McGonagall would say, the stern look remasking the Professor's emotions before I even had a chance to ask what my parents were protecting me from.

"You mentioned nightmares tonight, so bad that they pushed you to go out past curfew as well as explore the Astronomy tower, both of which, if you may recall, are off limits!" Professor McGonagall would say sternly, "Now tell me why Professor Snape has reported none of this to me or the headmaster these past few months."

I knew that Professor Snape was most likely sharing my dreams with Professor McGonagall but I had no idea they were also being shared with the headmaster as well! "I- I... I've been scared..." I would say the last part quietly, shrinking in on myself. "I don't think I trust Professor Snape..."

"Why on earth would you distrust Professor Snape? I understand that Severus can be intimidating at times but he knows more on this than any of us." Professor McGonagall would say, dumbfounded.

"That's exactly it! He knows more about this than anyone and ever since I've gone to talk to him, my dreams have only been getting worse!" I would say on the verge of tears, "The dreams, every time I have one I just make things worse and they hurt so bad, it feels like my skull is getting cracked open every time I have another one! I just want it to stop!" I would yell, "I'm so scared... I think I've made everything so much worse, he's going to get the stone because of me and I just want to go home even though I should be more worried about fixing this."

Warm arms encircled me, wiping away some of my tears as the older professor said softly, "This isn't your fault Y/N, I know this year has been scary and that you're homesick but the year is almost over dear, and Harry needs you more than you realize."

"I-I know. I can stay strong." I would reply, wiping at my tears with the back of my arm before hugging the Professor back.

"Let's get you back to your dorm, I'll walk you." Professor McGonagall would say, letting me go before stopping herself midway through reaching for the door. "But promise me one thing Y/N, please. If you have any more dreams, you need to tell me, it doesn't have to be through Severus, but you need to tell me, okay?" The older woman would say, I noted the tinge of urgency on the edge of her words.