Chapter 3: Rubeus Hagrid

I'm finally introducing you to another main character! Yay! Writing with Hagrid's accent is a bit of a challenge but hopefully I did decently XD And just so everyone knows, updates will be every Monday, enjoy! <3

I watched in awe as both my mother and father hugged the giant, all three of them commenting on how long it had been since they last saw each other before I was finally introduced to the stranger.

"Well don't be shy Y/N, this is Rubeus Hagrid, he's an old friend of ours! Why don't you come out and say hi?" My mother would say, edging me out from my hiding spot behind the stairs. 

"Well I'll be... Last time I saw yeh you were jus' a lil' thing, now look at yeh!" The giant would say with a smile, sticking a hand out for me to shake.

I took the hand cautiously, Hagrid ending up shaking my entire arm, before I finally spoke up, "Nice to meet you, er... Again?"

To my reply, Hagrid would let out a rumble of a laugh and respond, "The pleasure's all mine!"

I would smile at this before asking, "So, what brings you here Mr. Hagrid?"

At this, the giant's face would grow serious and he would go on to explain his mission of finding and making sure Harry got his letter once and for all!

"Oh... That might be a little hard actually, the Dursleys took off late yesterday after the owls flooded their house with letters..." I explained to which Hagrid would let out a huff of frustration before claiming that we would find a way to get both Harry's letter and his birthday gifts to him no matter what!

"Wait... But how are we supposed to find him? I have no clue where they went, Vernon didn't stop for a single second after they got into that car." I would state in concern. 

In response, Hagrid would point to the letter I had left on the table yesterday, the one I had gotten from O/N. I would give him a confused look at first until I noticed the address had suddenly changed on the front of the envelope! Instead of Privet Drive, it was now addressed to a hotel I recognized from when my family went on a trip outside our little suburb area about a year or so ago, it actually wasn't too far!

"We've got a lil' magic on our side, don' you worry! Now, if it's okay wit' yer parents Y/N, I'd like teh take yeh wit' me to find Harry. We can take me motorcycle and it'll give me a bit more time teh properly introduce meself too!" Hagrid would reply and after a short conversation with my father, both of my parents agreed that I could go with him as long as I was home sometime later that night!

I hugged both my mum and my dad before skipping outside with Hagrid in my excitement.

"Hope yeh don' mind a lil' wind in yer hair Y/N, might want yerself a jacket too, it gets a bit breezy on me motorcycle." To this, I was slightly confused since it was summer after all, but I was too excited to ask any questions, instead listening and running inside to grab a light coat.

Hagrid was already getting geared up by the time I came back out and approached the huge motorcycle, seeing my struggle to climb into the passenger seat connected to the side, Hagrid chuckled and lifted me up with ease.

After thanking him, I would turn back to wave one last time at my parents as Hagrid got the vehicle moving.

I was already having the time of my life from simply riding in a motorcycle, especially now that we were out of sight of any muggles, but things were just about to get crazier as soon as Hagrid spoke up once more. 

"Alrigh', yeh might want teh hang on tight Y/N, things are 'bout teh get bumpy!"

I would gasp as Hagrid simply flipped a switch on his motorcycle and we began to rise off the ground, before I knew it, we were high above the clouds!