(Part 1) Chapter 11: Mirror Mirror on the Wall

My first late update for you guys! Sorry! But I have some very cute moments in this first part of the chapter that I think you all will love to make up for it! Enjoy!

Christmas was almost here and it couldn't come any sooner! I had been trying my best to distract myself from my dreams, three-headed dogs, and the group's distrust of Snape with all the Christmas cheer in the air. Besides enjoying the Weasley twin chaos as usual, I occasionally went down to Hagrid's hut to help him nurse some of the owls caught in snow storms back to health. It's best to ignore problems anyway, right?

Unfortunately for me, today would not be the day for doing that, it was time to face Professor Snape and lie to his face yet again about the dreams I'd been having. Luckily, at this point I had become very good at distracting my mind and locking it in one memory for prolonged periods of time just in case my brain was assaulted once more, God, I hoped not...

Snapping back to reality now that our potions period was over, I would wave my friends off, ignoring the biting snippets of conversation Malfoy said about it being a shame for those who weren't able to go home for Christmas, telling them that I had a question I needed to ask the Professor of our potion's class and that I would meet up with them to say goodbye to Hermione in just a minute.

With everyone gone, I would cautiously approach the desk of Professor Snape to give my weekly report.

"L/N... Anything new?" The professor would ask in his monotonous voice as he looked down on me from his crooked nose.

"N-no sir, it's been quiet for a while now..." I would say, only half a lie, seeing as though it had been quiet lately, but I still hadn't told him about my last dream where I caught a snippet of conversation on something about a stone before the mysterious men had caught me listening in. Neither had I mentioned the one where the person seemingly in charge said they knew exactly who I was... Just to be on the safe side, I would rather not risk telling the Professor all that...

Snape would clasp his hands together, his knuckles nearly turning even whiter than they usually were as he drawled out, "You wouldn't perhaps be lying to me... Would you, L/N?"

That made me swallow, did he know..? But I didn't budge, simply stating, "No sir, of course not! My mum said I could trust you and I believe her."

The mention of my mum made him frown even deeper than he was if that was even possible... It must have worked though because, after a moment of contemplation, he simply nodded, I took that as me being excused and scurried off to catch up with my group.

It wasn't long before I was stopped once more, letting out an exasperated sigh as I looked up at Draco and his two goons. I honestly couldn't wait to get a break from everyone over Christmas!

"Ah... Draco... What do you want?" I would ask, not letting him or Crabbe and Goyle intimidate me.

"I heard you aren't going home for Christmas, L/N..." He would say with a hint of concern..? No, probably just curiosity... And bitterness, most likely already knowing the answer for this was simply because Harry couldn't go home, he was still pretty salty about me giving Harry the broom he'd gotten for me and all...

"Yep, you heard right." I would simply say, pushing past the boys to leave, but the blonde would block my path before I could get too far. His face was flushed ever so slightly with irritation, or was it jealousy..? Nah, probably just irritation though I didn't know why he would even concern himself with what I was doing for Christmas.

"Is it for Potter? What's so good about him anyway? You honestly shouldn't bother wasting your charity on him, he's a lost cause." Malfoy would say with a huff.