Chapter 1 - Enemy

//Third-person P.O.V.//

Levy McGarden and her two close friends, Jet and Droy, were researching about the town of Shagolian before their mission together as Team Shadow Gear to catch a bandit for a small shop called Carrie's Candies. Sure, they were great friends and partners, but Levy never thought of the two as anything more than that, especially not in a.. romantic way. Well, the two felt otherwise. Both had an obsessive crush on Levy, they knew, and it showed in their actions.

"Well, Shagolian is a few hundred miles away, so maybe I should drive, Levy, we don't want you to waste all your magical power driving our vehicle!" Jet offered.

"Well, uh, thanks, I guess, but I think I can manage." Levy replied.

The three chatted on about their plans, when Droy was suddenly flown onto the tree they were leaning on. The branches shook violently and leaves floated down onto the other two.

"Ahhh!"

When Levy heard Droy's ear-piercing scream of pain, she immediately jumped up and threw a chunk of iron at the attacker.

"Solid Script: Iron!"

To her surprise, she saw the man grab the word with his mouth.

"Gihee."

With a flash of steel and iron, Levy and her teammates found themselves pinned onto the tree, a mysterious man staring at them.

"Puny fairies."

He started pounding his fist onto an innocent Levy.

"Argh!"

At her cry of pain, the man looked up and chuckled. When Droy spotted a guild mark on the top of the attacker's right shoulder, he tried to scream that this man was from Phantom Lord, Fairy Tail's worst enemy guild.

"'Tis man iz.. prom Pantom.. Lord!"

When Jet and Levy heard those words, they looked back at the man growling and pouncing on them.

"No..."

His red eyes glowed as he attacked the three, fierce and exact in his movements.

"I.. I don't believe this!" Levy heard Jet yell.

"You better believe it, you weak little fairy. Gihee."

With his peculiar laugh, Levy and her teammates found themselves becoming drowsy, getting punches hit into their heads. When her weaker friends dozed off, Levy found herself tired also, only her and the mystery man concious. When he saw that the little girl was the only one still awake, he pulled off his hoodie, revealing his long, dark hair and metal studs.

"G-Gajeel!"

Levy has heard of this man. She has heard of him a lot. He was a powerful iron dragon slayer from Phantom Lord. He was attacking and doing jobs violently for his guild. Gajeel smirked and pounded something into the girl's stomach.

"Oof!"

With that last punch she was out cold, the symbol of Phantom Lord printed onto her stomach. Her ripped clothes hung around her body, and her breathing was too calm for her to have just been beat up by her enemy. Gajeel Redfox was an enemy of Fairy Tail. Gajeel Redfox was an enemy to everyone in Fairy Tail. Gajeel Redfox was an enemy to Levy McGarden.