Chapter 3 - Nicknames

(A/N: Omgosh, guys, thank you so much for over 100 reads!
You guys are amazing♡♡)

//Gajeel's P.O.V.//

The little blue-haired girl looked nervous.

"Oi, Shrimp, what's on your mind?"

She blushed and looked away.

"N-Nothing!"

I chuckled and ruffled her hair just to walk away, watching her blush from the corner of my eye. Thankfully, all the attention was on Flame Brain and Bunny Girl and that blue cat. It's like we're in this TV show, and they're the main characters. The attention should be on me for once.

Then there's the girl in armor and the Ice Make guy. Soon after joined the Wendy girl with her white cat. I never get the spotlight, so I try to take an advantage of that.

"Let's take this job, guys!"

Bunny Girl and her teammates went off on a job, taking the spotlight with 'em.

"Oi, Shrimp, wanna go on a job tomorrow?"

She looked up from her book.

That dumb book seems to get more attention from Shorty than me. Grr...

WHAT AM I THINKING?!

"W-What? Just the two of us?"

She blushed.

"Well, yeah, but if you don't want to.."

I started to walk away slowly, and looked back once more to show her I was willing to wait long enough for her to stop being so shy. She was kinda cute..

UGH!

"F-Fine.. I'm coming.."

I grinned and gave her a pat on the back before walking away. She blushed and I felt my face getting hot also, so I speed-walked as fast as I could without looking suspicious.

I had a job to do.

//Jet's P.O.V.//

"F-Fine.. I'm coming.."

I felt my heart sink as I heard Levy-chan's response to our enemy. How could she?

She blushed as he patted her on the back - way too hard - and waited for her to come tell us about the job. But she didn't. Actually, she stayed at her spot, frozen in a moment of happiness.

I happily (totally not bitterly) decided that I would kindlt interrogate her on the subject of metal head.

"Levy-chan~!"

"H-Huh?"

Her blush quickly faded away when she saw me.

"Oh... Jet. Good to see you!"

"Good to see you also, Levy-chan!"

I smiled at her and let her take in my cheerfulness and kindness and compare it to Iron-face's attitude.

I figured she shouldn't like him because he was an enemy. He had hurt her so much, after all..