Chapter 6 - Maki, Yuri. Yuri, Maki.

//Levy's P.O.V.//

Knowing Gajeel was in danger scared me, but I didn't understand why.

Why did I care so much about the idiot, no one knows. But I had to go look for him, so I set to leave the house as soon as I could. I threw the bag over my shoulder and stood up to leave.

"Miss Levy, the tea is ready~"

I planted my butt back down onto the couch and took a sip of the steaming tea. As much as I had to get going, I had to be polite. She had prepared this tea for me with such kindness. Besides, who could resist a hot cup of delicious honey lemon herb tea?

"Thank you so very much, Miss Maki! The tea is absolutely delicious!"

"Oh, your very welcome, Levy. For falling for my act, of course.."

Before I could react, I was unconcious.

~2 hours later~

//Still Levy's P.O.V.//

I woke up with a jerk to the sound of beating drums.

My first thought was to run, but when my eyes blinked open, I realized that I was not hearing drums, but listening to Gajeel punching a sandbag.

"GAJEEL!"

Out of happiness, I jumped and ran to the black mop of hair I hadn't seen for days.

"Woah, Shrimp. Calm the hell (A/N: I'm sorry, it's Gajeel, alright?) down!"

Pushed aside by Gajeel's cussing that I still couldn't get used to, I paused with my arms in midair, about to hug Gajeel. I realized my actions before long, and coiled back to an awkward standing position. Gajeel grinned at me.

"So you awake, huh?"

"Yeah..."

I dragged my foot slowly, staring at the ground, when I suddenly remembered, "Wait, what happened to Miss Maki, and how did I get here?"

"Oh," Gajeel grunted, "You're so far behind, Shorty.."

Gajeel explained, with hatred in his voice, that "Maki" was actually the most common disguise of the great wizard Yuri, who apparently was the captivator who put us into this cell. I nodded with interest, and he glanced over at me with unbelief.

"And you're ok with all of this?"

"Well, Gajeel," I turned to him, "Not everyone tries to get revenge for everything and hates people for one thing they did."

He looked at me quizzically.

"Everyone makes mistakes, and I take it as my job to help them find the light."

"You know, Shrimp.."

Now it was my turn to look at Gajeel's face questioningly.

"Not everything ends with a happy ending."

"Huh?"

"Not everything will end up wonderful. You gotta be ready for the real world, Shorty."

I couldn't get that out of my head, standing frozen, even while Gajeel walked away to collapse in his bed.

"Come on, Shrimp, sleep, it's almost eleven."

"Ok, good night, Gajeel."

"Night, Shrimp."

//Gajeel's P.O.V.//

As soon as I could hear Levy's small, steady breaths, I knew she was asleep. I had to get going. I had an appointment with the hell of a woman, Yuri. What? Who says I wanted to go? I had to go, that's the problem here. I sneaked out of my bed, minimizing the creaks as much as I could. Soon, I arrived at the shock-enabled gate to the outside. The guard led me to Yuri's "office."

I slammed the door behind me.

"What the hell do you want from me, Yuri?!"

She stayed calm, her straight brown hair perfectly placed on her shoulders. Her once soft hazel brown eyes were cold with hatred, and the kind girl I once knew was completely gone. She had become a monster.

"I want one thing from you Gajeel, and that's revenge."

I looked straight into her eyes, not attempting to avoid her glare.

"You see, Gajeel, you made a big mistake leaving me like that. And you will regret your decision."

I clenched my teeth.

"If you want your little 'pocket woman' safe," Yuri continued, "you will do as I say."

"YOU BASTARD! I WILL NOT DO WHAT YOU SAY TO DO, NEVER WILL I GET BOSSED AROUND BY SOMEONE AS EVIL AS YOU!"

She chuckled, a laugh the opposite of what I remembered her to laugh like. Her genuineness and innocence was gone completely, and only bitterness was left. She was not the Yuri I once knew.

Yuri covered herself in the dark light that was now her magic and turned herself into a red-haired, short and stubby woman. Maki. Yuri had changed like hell from when I knew her, and I didn't know how to change her back. At this rate, Levy was in danger, and as her bodyguard, I couldn't allow that. I gave Yuri -I mean, Maki- one last glare as I stormed out of her office. I had to get back to where Levy was.

I ran as fast as I could back to find no blue-haired midget sleeping in her bed. She was gone.

"Are you sure?"

It was as if whoever it was had read my mind, but the voice was familiar. I spun around.

"LEVY!"

I was too late.

Levy was walking down the hallways with a red-haired woman, too far to hear my screams.

"Of course I am sure, as Miss Yuri's assistant, I know that this is where the bathroom is."

"Ok, Miss Maki, I trust you."

I watched Levy smile her big smile at "Maki" as my chance for keeping Levy safe flew away. How long until she understood? Yuri is Maki, and Maki, Yuri.