Chapter 9 - Trapped

//Levy's P.O.V.//

I woke up, cold and dirty. I stretched and stood up. It was quiet and all I could see was that I was laid down in a ball in the corner of a room without any doors or windows. There was a huge screen on the wall and a small plastic chair you would expect to see at an elementary school. The walls, floor, and ceiling was completely made of steel. I sat on the chair. It was cold and a shiver ran up my spine. The last thing I could remember was going to the bathroom and not being able to get out.

I didn't want to talk. There was a complete silence and I felt very uncomfortable. For a while, I stared at my feet, thinking this situation through over and over again, until a familiar voice reached my ears. I was surprised to hear Gajeel's voice.

"Gajeel!"

I automatically yelled out his name and looked up, gripping my chair and smiling hopefully. My voice quietly echoed throughout the small room. The screen had lit up and showed Gajeel, staring intensely at another figure. The figure had pink hair and was atop a huge black dragon with shiny scales. Was that... Natsu?

I blinked quietly. I couldn't believe it. How could Natsu be betraying us? Gajeel was talking to him, and I watched in silence. Suddenly, Gajeel lept onto Natsu.

"Yes...!"

I screamed happily, but realized that Natsu had somehow escaped Gajeel's grip. I listened as he explained about teleportation laws as a hollogram. I nodded and muttered to myself. So Natsu was a hollogram, not the real one...

I watched as Gajeel shook, probably because of the pain he had caused to his father, Metallicana. However, soon, Gajeel had won the fight, and the screen turned off. I stayed silent, my two hands covering my tightly shut mouth. I didn't want to cry. I was so thankful for Gajeel.

What if Gajeel wasn't here for me?

I shook my head. I didn't even want to think about it. I would have already died, or probably die soon. I quietly thought about my actions thoroughly over again until the screen lit up again.

The angle was focused on a girl in a cage. She seemed asleep, but her body shook. She seemed scared and aware of what was happening. Gajeel was talking to an hollogram, this time that looked like Erza. I was scared. Erza-san was very powerful, and as good as Gajeel was, he couldn't bring her down. I slumped in my seat and held my tears in.

"HEAVEN'S WHEEL!"

Erza's voice echoed throughout the room and hot tears streamed down my face. I couldn't hold it in anymore. Knives and swords flew towards Gajeel and he managed to dodge some, but many landed in him. More tears burst out of my eyes.

"No..." I whispered, "no, no, no, no, no..."

I covered my face with my hands and cried my heart out. Soon, I had run out of breath and all I could do was sniff quietly and hug my knees, sitting on the cold floor. Many people knew I was smart. They would expect me to get out of this situation with my intelligence. However, the truth was that I was feeling useless and I had no energy whatsoever to try anything.

I buried my head into my hands and waited in the silence for something. Anything. Even a knife, because maybe if I died, Gajeel would stop and go home. There would be no reason for him to try. Suddenly, the room was full of light and I looked up and around the room. I blinked. The wall opposite the screen had disappeared. I slowly stood up and looked out the room. Was this a trap?

All thoughts and warnings telling me not to do anything disappeared when I saw an unhurt Gajeel with the small girl enter my view.

"Gajeel!" I yelled excitedly and ran right into the window-like invisible barrier blocking me from running into Gajeel's arms.

Frustrated, I pounded my fists on the barrier and screamed to him.

"Gajeel! It's me! Come get me! Help me... I can't do it on my own..."

I sobbed quietly, staring at the two, looking blankly around and shrugging. Oddly, it felt as though instead of me talking alone, it had been chorus of desperate voices.

"Levy," I heard Gajeel ask, "which one is the real you?"

"What? What do you mean? Of course I'm the real Levy!" I confusedly replied. Again, it seemed as though my voice was not just me.

"But you're all saying that!" Gajeel shouted out, obviously exasperated.

"Maybe if we asked some questions that only Levy-san will know?" The girl that I had seen sleeping on the screen asked.

"Good idea. What should I ask?"

"Maybe it is a good idea to ask about something that is only between you two?"

Gajeel froze, thinking. I stared at him through the barrier. Whatever he asked, I was willing to answer. This was the moment that I could actually use my intelligence. Judging by the two's actions and my echoing voice, I assumed that they could see duplicates of me that wasn't visible for me. I had to prove that I was the real one.

"Oh," Gajeel finally said, breaking the silence, "how about the nickname I use for her? Wouldn't that be personal?"

The girl nodded slightly, muttering, "Try it."

"So yeah, Levys, try to answer that!"

Gajeel looked proud of himself until I answered, probably in unison with all the other "Levy"s. They tried many more methods until Gajeel looked up at me, face determined. The girl looked worried and terrified, and seemed to be dancing around Gajeel, tugging his sleeves, until I saw the most horrific scene ever. Gajeel sliced open his own arm, blood spilling out, the girl frozen, and my tears flowing ever so abundantly. I ran forward, almost tumbling through the wall, and landed on my knees next to Gajeel. His eyes were closed, but his breathing steady. A few minutes passed until the girl offered to heal Gajeel. I thanked her and she said I didn't owe her anything, but I wanted to give back. Nevertheless, I couldn't do anything to help right now. Carrying Gajeel, me supporting one arm and the girl the other, we walked through the hallway and out the chamber.

(A/N: Sorry this chapter is boring, guys! It was a chapter I wrote to show where Levy was during Gajeel's fights and how much she cares about him, heh heh.

The next chapter will be much more interesting!)