Chapter 4 - Steel Heart? Not really.

(A/N: Over 350 reads! Thank you guys so much! I love you all~~♡♡)

//Levy's P.O.V.//

Today was the day I was going on a job with Gajeel, and I was nervous. Seriously.

I packed 3 outfits, sandals, 2 extra bandanas and some books in a small bag and set to the guild hall.

"Gajeel?"

My voice echoed onto the walls of the humongous room, but no one noticed. Yes, the guild was that loud. I looked around to spot long, black hair and a black cat somewhere around the request board.

You couldn't look over them, wherever you were, whoever you were with.

"Hey Shrimp," Gajeel grunted.

"H-Hi Gajeel!"

"You look decent."

"Um, thanks?"

We set off to help a man in Ichigaro, where a slime monster was flooding the whole town with sticky ooze. I didn't know if Gajeel had the right powers to do this job, but it seemed he was determined to prove he could defeat any kind of monster, and solve any kind of problem. Eh.

"Come on, Shorty. We gotta go beat some crap up."

"Geehee." I started following the menacing man and the panther out.

"Hi, Levy-chan!"

"We came to see how you were doing!"

It was Jet again, but this time with Droy also!

"Jet? Droy?"

"We heard Levy-chan wasn't feeling too well, so we came to deliver a warm bowl of soup," Drop explained,

"But it seems you are absolutely fine," Jet said, glaring at Gajeel.

"I-I'm fine, guys. Really, go back to what you were doing."

I shooed them away and pushed Gajeel forward, but he wouldn't budge. He turned to face me.

"If you didn't want to go, you could have just told me."

He looked glum. It was the first time he had shown me his soft side. He was usually always full of confidence and ego. To be honest, his ego was the size of a small planet..

"You didn't have to make these dumb guys be some crappy actors so you could wiggle your way out of this, Shrimp."

I looked up at the guy.

"Whatever. We'll go ourselves. Let's go, Lily."

"Bye, Levy-san!"

I watched Gajeel and Panther Lily leave. Without me. Bye, Gajeel.