Neighbours

"Matt, where are you!" A crying girl sobbed as she knocked on the door of her neighbours house. She stood on her tippy toes as she rang the doorbell.

A young boy answered the door. Tall for his age. You could tell he was going to be very handsome when he grew older.

The young girl fell into his arms, hugging him tight. This kind of friendship was rare between boy and girl. Yet the two thought nothing of it.

All Y/n wanted was a friend who understood her and was there for her when she needed a shoulder to cry on.

"Y/n what's wrong!" The boy asked tightly, holding the upset girl. "It's mother and daddy again." She said her head buried in the boys neck.

"I'm so sorry. I promise it will get better." He said. "Do you want to have some biscuits?" He asked the girl as he stroked her hair. Y/n looked up at the boy. He held onto her side as they walked in and shut the door behind them.

Mattheo Riddle was a young boy of seven when he met Y/n Y/l/n. He had moved into a house next to her and they soon became very close. He had been adopted from the orphanage. He had dark brown eyes and the same coloured, curly hair. He was fairly tall for his age.

Y/n Y/l/n was a very pretty girl with medium length dark brown hair like Mattheo. Her eyes a stunning dark chocolate brown. Her parents were known for their arguments. The whole street could hear them sometimes. They all thought of the poor little girl who had to endure it. But then they remembered that she had Mattheo.

Mattheo reached up for the biscuits and handed them to Y/n. She took them gratefully. She offered him one, and they both nibbled on a cookie. She put the tin back on the side as Mattheo took her hand gently, and they went out into his garden.

"Mattheo?" Y/n said. The boy looked down at her. "Yes?" He replied. "Let's stay together." She said quietly. The boy grinned at her and nodded his head. "Always." He responded. Y/n let out a relaxed sigh and leant her head against his shoulder. Mattheo looked down at the sweet girl and smiled.

"Matt! Hurry, we will be late!" An older Y/n shouted. Mattheo ran down the stairs lobbing his suitcase in front of her. She laughed at him and held out her hand. He took it, and together, they climbed into his adoptive mums car.

They both looked around the platform.
Mattheo pointed to a wall. He pulled Y/n with him as they ran through it together.

They looked around in awe. Clambering onto the train, they chose a compartment and sat down. A group came in. "Is it alright if we sit here too?" A blonde boy asked. Mattheo nodded. "I'm Draco Malfoy." He said. "Mattheo Riddle." Mattheo replied. Y/n watched the four boys and two girls closely. "I'm Blaise Zambini. This is Theodore Nott. This is Lorenzo Berkshire, Pansy Parkinson and Millicent Bullstrode." A boy introduced.

"I'm Y/n Y/l/n." Y/n said slowly. Mattheo watched her. She gently squeezed his hand. "Are you two first years as well?" Theodore asked. Y/n nodded. She liked the people.

"Us too. Also call me Theo." Theodore said.