Why?

I was sitting in the canteen my head phones in blasting music that could make someone death,it was one of my favourite songs (your favourite song).

I had some pancakes in-front of me drizzled with syrup.

I was twisting the fork i had around in my hand playing with it, i got a weird feeling in my stomach the kinda feeling you get when someones watching you .

I looked around only seeing soldiers laughing and eating. I brushed the thought out of my head suddenly tapping at the table with my hands.

"Are you gonna eat that" i heard someone ask me there voice was deep but they didn't sound angry or miserable.

I looked up from the table seeing a man dressed in a black shirt with his army vest over the top, and some camo bottoms.

"Hm?" He said and i shook my head realising i was staring.

"Uhm yeh i am ,just thinking" i say i avoided eye contact and my leg was bouncing up and down uncontrollably

His eyes drifted down to me leg and he gave me a small smile "nervous?" He said letting out a slight chuckle.

"I uh i have anxiety" I manage to speak out staring at my leg as it shook

"Ahh, mind if i sit" he said i think he was trying to reassure me he wasn't some grumpy old man but now that means i have to actually talk to him

I nodded my head moving my tray so his can fit ,i stayed staring at the plate in front of me.

There was an awkward silent that lingered in the air

"Im soap" he breaks the silent looking at me and smiling "y/n" i say putting a smile on my face i didn't want him to think I'm a bitch or something.

"How long have you been working here" he says whilst he pushes a mouthful of fruit salad in his mouth.

"I..i only just joined a few weeks ago,sir" i say fiddling with my fingers.

"Well y/n how do you like it" he says his seemed interested in me a little too much for someone i only just met

"Well i cant sleep at all and i have no friends so far" i say not meaning to come out so blunt "but i like it" i quickly say not wanting to hurt anyones feelings

He let out a chuckle his eyes lifting and greeting someone "ghost come sit" he says smiling , i let out a sigh and i look down at the floor .

"Johnny boy.." he looks down at me scanning me with his eyes " why are you with rookie" he glares at me and my leg starts bouncing again.

Soap chuckles and pats the chair next to him "be friendly will ya?" He says before looking over and smiling

Ghost sits down glaring at me through his mask.

I clear my throat and pick up my fork stabbing it into my pancake and cutting it with my knife raising it too my mouth taking a bite.

"Well this is nice" soap says clearly feeling the tension in the air i don't know why theres tension because i only just met the lieutenant this morning he has no reason to hate me

I look up and give him a small smile "im gonna go" i say picking up my plate still full of food "but you didn't finish your food" soap speaks up staring at me

"Not hungry" i say quickly and grab my tray "so you don't eat and you don't sleep,no point in you being here is there?" Ghost says bluntly glaring at me

Soap smacks him round the back of his head causing his attention to go to him.

My eyes start to water and a tear rolls down my cheek "bye sir" i say towards soap my voice cracking as i do.