Run

I feel like your supposed to make friends in the military as your there for a long time and you might get lonely but... my thoughts were interrupted by hands banging on the table trying to get my attention "rookie snap the fuck out of it and get your gear on!" Ghost shouted at me.

We was under attack and i was sitting there day dreaming how embarrassing, i shook my head and stood up grabbing my rifle and hand pistol sliding it into my holster.

I grab some magazines and place them in the free pockets quickly patting myself down making sure i have everything.

I grab my radio and speak into it "this is yankee do you copy?" I test it out before i hear someone on the other side "this is ghost i copy" he says back as the others test there radio.

We all walk up the stairs to the heli pad and all run into the helicopter, I hated this part of being in the military we was all shouting and moody in mid air we could hardly hear each other unless we had specific headphones which in my opinion were extremely uncomfortable.

I jogged into the helicopter and sat in the seat pulling down the seat belt and clicking the two side pieces into the buckle hearing the click.

Ghost say next to me doing up his seatbelt before turning and pulling on mine before shaking his head.

"Hold!" He shouts before undoing his seatbelt and crouching in-front of me.

"Cmon y/n do u not now what basic protocol is?" He says before pulling on my seatbelt and tightening it, he pulls on it again before getting up and sitting back in his chair and buckling and tightening his own seat.

"Clear!" He shouts before putting on his pnr, i grabbed mine and pulled it onto my head and switched it on everyone else doing the same.

"This is ghost, do you copy?" Ghost voice comes through to my pnr, "i copy." I say re adjusting my mic.

He chuckles to himself before changing to the group channel, thats when I realised he was asking me separately as if im a child,

Then i hear again "this is ghost, do you copy?" And everyone repeat clear, "y/n, do you copy?" He says a little too aggressive for my liking "this is y/n , i copy" i say with a slight attitude before i hear him click to a private channel.

"Y/n this is not time for your attitude kid ,do you copy?" He says his voice deep and husky "yes sir, i copy" i say through the mic tapping at my buckle "good girl." I hear him speak out before changing to a public channel.

My cheeks flush pink and i see him through the corner of my eye chuckling to himself before pushing his mic down "this is ghost , the journey should take 4 hours do you all copy?" All i could hear was people repeating copy.

"Copy." I say and push my mic up.

I was bored so i decided to annoy ghost him being the closest to me ,i kicked his leg before he glared at me and pushed his mic down switching to the private channel again.

"Y/n stop being annoying" he growls out and as soon as he looks away i do it again "y/n I'm serious" he huffs out "I'm seriously bored, sir" i groan out before kicking his leg again.

He sigh before looking up the green light being on and he leans over to me unbuckling the strap in-between my legs and grabbing my legs before putting them on his lap.

He pulls off my head set and plugs it into something in his pocket "I'm gonna put music on for you but its on safety mode so if anyone talks to you through the headset it should pause  ,ok?" He says a smile behind his mask "yes sir i copy" i say before the music plays and he sits back stroking my legs.