thirteen

chapter thirteen

She found herself back at Amaryllis, at the VIP section to be exact

She found herself back at Amaryllis, at the VIP section to be exact. This is where all the debauchery is at, Michael's voice rang in her head. Imani has never been there, well, until now.

The VIP section was the area where the private dancers danced for patrons. Imani, on the other hand, was content with the bottom floor where she could dance and drink with Zuri and her friends but somehow, her legs had led her to the VIP section where clouds of white fog clouded up the area.

Whoever was in charge of Amaryllis was doing a good job on the optics. Imani found herself moving forward and was treated to the sight of a raised platform with a pole in the middle. At that pole was the most beautiful woman she had ever seen.

The woman had brown hair, what looked to be olive skin and was twirling in a two-piece cloth which left nothing to the imagination. She also wore a pair of gladiator heels and on her neck was the vampiric ankh, no wonder she was allured by her. The female vampire was in her own world as her body moved to the rhythm of the song, the bass amplifying the room.

It was then that Imani focused her attention on what was behind the woman. More like 'who'. It was the vampire from her dreams. Ares? He had his glowing red eyes of doom which disappeared just as soon as she saw them. Somehow, with the dim lights, she could see that his sight was not on the vampire but on her? Why her?

He beckoned at her with his index and middle fingers and if Imani's brain was functioning like it normally would, she would have bolted out of there. Bolt to where though? He is a vampire. Instead, her legs moved closer to him and his dark eyes trailed over her, from her head to her mid thighs where her black gown stopped at. His gaze was back on her face and he reclined lazily against the seat with his legs spread wide, giving him that image of a man who had the world in his hands.

Without saying a word, he patted his lap and Imani was hesitant. Pretty sure Mom warned Zuri and I against sitting on a man's lap.

"I won't bite, Imani," he spoke up, his deep gravelly voice making her shiver to her core. "Unless you want me to," then, he winked at her.

Oh.

"Is it okay if I take the seat beside you instead?" She mustered the courage to ask the vampire who turned to his right side. Any side was more comfortable than sitting on a stranger's lap. Forget the fact that she has been seeing him in her dreams, he was still a stranger.

"Of course," he answered, turning back to look at her as she made her way past the dancer at the pole to Ares' right hand side.

She took her seat beside him and had to remind herself to breathe as she took in the ambience of the VIP section. It was then that she realized that the dancer and the pole had disappeared altogether, leaving the both of them.