The Thing (Marvel)

[Y/N] = Your Name

[L/N] = Last Name

[E/C] = Eye Color

[H/C] = Hair Color

: = Dialogue

(For the genderbend name, Thing's real name Ben will be changed to Betty.)

Now let the story begin.

In his lab, Dr. Reed Richards (aka Mr. Fantastic) of the Fantastic Four is running tests on his friend and teammate Betty Grimm, known to the public as the Thing, in the hopes of finding a way to make her normal again.

Thing : Well? Don't leave me in the dark here Reed, did you figure anything out yet?

Putting his equipment down and letting out a sigh, Richards turns to his friend and shakes his head.

Mr. Fantastic : I'm sorry Betty, I still don't have a clue how to reverse the effects of the cosmic rays. Honestly, I'm beginning to think your condition is irreversible.

His orange rocky friend doesn't take this well as she gets up and begins trashing the lab.

Mr. Fantastic : Calm down Betty! Please!

Thing : This is all your fault Richards! If you hadn't convinced me and the others to fly that spaceship, I never would've turned into this! I'm a freak! A monster!

??? : I don't think you're a freak or a monster babe.

The two turn around and see a man with [E/C] eyes and [H/C] hair standing in the entrance of Reed's lab.

Thing : [Y/N]....

She immediately calms down upon seeing him.

The man is [Y/N] [L/N], Betty's fiancé.

Mr. Fantastic : What brings you here [Y/N]?

[Y/N] : I figured my wife-to-be would be here, so I thought I'd stop by to say hi, and it's a good thing I did.

He shifts his attention over to Betty, who turns away from him in sadness.

Thing : D-don't look at me [Y/N]. I'm not the woman I was when we got together. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't want to get married anymore. I can't say I'd blame you. Who in their right mind would wanna marry a freak?

[Y/N] : Betty, look at me.

She slowly does so as he gets closer to her and gently caresses her rocky face.

[Y/N] : I don't care what you look like. Whether you're made of rock or not, you're the woman I love with all my heart, and nothing will ever change that.

Thing : Y-you're saying that you still wanna be with me?

[Y/N] : Absolutely! I love you Betty.

A happy tear runs down Betty's orange fractured cheek as she looks at her fiancé with pure adoration.

Thing : C-come here you!

She pulls him into a bone-crushing hug.

[Y/N] : B-babe, I love you, but you're crushing my spine.

Thing : Oh, sorry hun.

She lets go as [Y/N] stretches.

[Y/N] : Jeez Betty, I forgot just how strong you've gotten. Remind me to never get on your bad side.

Thing : Heh. My strength's got nothing to do with my rocky form. If I recall correctly, I was super strong even when we first started dating [Y/N].

[Y/N] : Believe me, I know. Challenging you to an arm wrestling match was a big mistake.

Thing : You got that right babe.

All three of them laugh as Betty walks over to Reed.

Thing : I'm uhh....sorry about my outburst Reed.

Mr. Fantastic : It's alright Betty, I get it. If you want me to, I'll keep searching for a way to turn you back to normal.

Suddenly, Richards gets a call from Susan Storm, his girlfriend and the member of the team known as the Invisible Woman.

Mr. Fantastic : Hello? What's going on Sue? Ok, Betty and I are on our way. Bye.

He hangs up and looks at Betty.

Mr. Fantastic : We've got trouble Betty, Sue and Johnny are fighting some villains and need our help.

Thing : I've been itching for some action! Let's go!

The two get ready to leave with [Y/N] following suit before getting stopped by Betty.

Thing : You stay here [Y/N]. It could be dangerous out there and I don't wanna risk you getting hurt.

[Y/N] : Alright, just give those villains a good old beating for me ok?

Thing : Heh, I'll be sure to do that babe.

[Y/N] gives her a quick kiss before watching her leave with Richards.

Timeskip

While fighting the villains, Betty gets flung into a nearby building with a lot of force.

[Y/N], having decided to leave the lab to see how the fight was going, rushes over to her.

Thing : [Y/N]?! I thought I told you to stay in the lab!

[Y/N] : I know I know you can yell at me for it later. Right now I'm more worried about you.

Thing : I've taken worse beatings than this babe, you know that. Now get to safety.

She looks at the villain who sent her flying and smirks.

Thing : It's clobberin' time!

Rushing at the villain, Betty knocks him out with one solid punch as the others take care of the rest.

Once the defeated villains are collected and taken into custody, Betty looks at her fiancé with a stern expression.

Thing : So, about the whole 'leaving the lab even though I told you not to' thing.

[Y/N] : In my defense....I was worried about you and wanted to make sure you were ok.

Betty's expression softens as she sighs.

Thing : I can't fault you for that. If it were the other way around, I'd do the same.

She then picks [Y/N] up, making him blush.

[Y/N] : W-what are you doing?

Thing : I just felt like carrying you back to our place. By the way, you're cooking dinner tonight.

[Y/N] : Fine by me. I love you Betty.

Thing : I love you too.

In her arms, [Y/N] smiles in content as Betty carries him.