Kai (Ninjago)

[Y/N] = Your Name

Italics = Thoughts

: = Dialogue

(I put the full version of the season one theme at the start because that's when this chapter takes place, plus it's an absolute banger, so listen to it if you want to.)

(For the genderbend name, Kai will be charged to Kay.)

Now let the story begin.

At the Lost City of Ouroboros, an ally of the ninja named [Y/N] is being held captive by Pythor, leader of the snake-like Serpentine.

[Y/N] : Let me go Pythor!

The last remaining Anacondrai pretends to think to himself before answering.

Pythor : Hmm, how about.....no! Sorry my good fellow, but I need you in order to get the final Fangblade your ninja friends currently have ownership of. With all four in my possession, I can finally awaken the Great Devourer!

[Y/N] : Don't you understand how awful that plan is?! Master Wu said the Great Devourer will destroy everything, the Serpentine included!

Pythor : Bah! As if I'd trust anything a human says! Now, be a good little prisoner and behave yourself while I wait for the ninja to arrive with the Fangblade. Once they hand it over in exchange for your freedom, my kind's revenge on humanity for locking us away will soon be at hand!

He laughs evilly before slithering away, leaving [Y/N] alone in his cage suspended high above the ground.

I know Kay and the others are probably on their way for me, I just hope they don't give into Python's demands.

Meanwhile, the ninja are on course to Ouroboros aboard their flying pirate ship, the Destiny's Bounty.

Kay, the fire ninja, paces back and forth as she worries about [Y/N].

I can't believe Pythor snuck on board and made off with him! I swear if he hurt [Y/N] in any way, I will absolutely fry that snake!

She thinks to herself in anger before sighing sadly.

I promise to come and save you [Y/N], just hold on a little while longer.

Kay's younger sister Nya walks over to her and places a hand on the brown haired girl's shoulder.

Nya : I can tell what you're thinking about big sis, you care about him a lot don't you?

Kay : I love him Nya.

Nya : I know you do Kay. Don't worry, we'll be arriving at that snake infested city in a few minutes. After he's rescued, I think you should tell [Y/N] how you feel.

Kay : I will sis, thank you.

The siblings share a hug as Ouroboros comes into view, everyone preparing to take on the Serpentine.

Timeskip

After fighting their way through the city, the ninja finally make it to where [Y/N] is being held.

Ninja : [Y/N]!

He looks at them and smiles, until Pythor makes himself known and speaks up.

Pythor : Ah, well if it isn't the ninja, how are you doing my friends?

Cole : We are not your friends!

Jay : We're here for [Y/N], so let him go!

Pythor : Of course, but only on one condition.

Zane : Condition?

Pythor : Yes. I'll free him, if you hand over the fourth Fangblade!

[Y/N] : No! Don't do it guys!

Pythor : I've heard enough out of you!

He presses a button that reveals a pit full of acid underneath where [Y/N]'s cage is hanging.

Pythor : Give me what I want, or your chum meets his end!

The four ninja look at each other and nod.

Kay : Fine Pythor, you can have it.

[Y/N] : Kay, don't! I'm not worth it!

Yes you are [Y/N]. You mean way too much to me to lose!

She hands the Fangblade over to the giant purple snake as he chuckles.

Pythor : Finally! Oh, I lied about letting him go by the way. Let that be a lesson for you ninja! Never trust a snake!

He signals to a nearby Serpentine, who pulls a lever that causes the cage to slowly descend into the acid.

Kay : Hold on [Y/N]! I'm coming! Ninjaaaaa Go!

Using Spinjitzu and becoming a fiery tornado, Kay flies over and breaks the cage as [Y/N] jumps out before reaching the acid.

Now that was close! Time to deal with Pythor!

Realizing he's outnumbered, the Anacondrai tries to flee like a coward before he's stopped by [Y/N].

[Y/N] : Not so fast Pythor!

Pythor : Ha! You don't frighten me [Y/N]! You aren't a ninja, you don't have elemental powers! You're just Wu's assistant!

[Y/N] : True, but I do know Spinjitzu! Take this!

He spins rapidly and knocks Pythor out, but not before snatching the Fangblade from him.

Cole : Way to go man!

Jay : So awesome!

Zane : Indeed, but we should leave before more Serpentine show up.

[Y/N] : Right! Let's go!

They all quickly exit the Serpentine city and get on the Bounty, Kay blushing due to [Y/N] holding her hand the entire time.

Once everyone's on board, the ship takes off as Kay hugs [Y/N] tightly, making him blush this time.

Kay : I was so close to losing you today [Y/N]!

[Y/N] : But I'm safe now Kay, and it's all thanks to you.

Deciding to confess like her sister suggested, Kay takes his hand into hers before saying those three special words.

Kay : I love you [Y/N].

He has a shocked look on his face for a moment before smiling and giving her a gentle kiss on the cheek.

[Y/N] : I love you too Kay.

The fire ninja hugs him tightly as the two share a more heated kiss, the others smiling at the new couple.

Jay : Yes! I knew those two would get together eventually!

Cole : Don't ruin their moment Jay!

Jay : Sorry!

Everyone laughs as the Bounty flies further away from Ouroboros, relieved that [Y/N] and the final Fangblade are both safe and sound.