Batman (DC)

[Y/N] = Your Name

[L/N] = Last Name

Italics = Thoughts

: = Dialogue

(For the genderbend name, Batman's real name Bruce will be changed to Brenda.)

Now let the story begin.

At Wayne Manor, billionaire and secret superhero Brenda Wayne is getting ready for a date with a man named [Y/N] [L/N], whom she has been seeing for a year now and is planning something special for their anniversary.

I honestly never expected our relationship to last this long. Most of my romances never do for several reasons, one of which is my responsibility of being Batwoman. I'm lucky [Y/N] has been so understanding about when I'd disappear for seemingly no reason.

She thinks to herself before putting on a beautiful black dress and smiles while thinking about [Y/N].

[Y/N] is the kind of guy any woman would be lucky to be with. Unfortunately, the one he ended up with is me. Not that I don't love [Y/N], I most certainly do, but I can't help but worry that my hero work will put a strain on our relationship at some point.

The black haired woman frowns before getting taken out of her thoughts by a knock on her closed bedroom door and hearing the voice of family butler and close friend Alfred Pennyworth.

Alfred : Madam Brenda, are you decent?

Batwoman : Yes Alfred.

The door opens as the older gentleman enters.

Alfred : I'm here to inform you that Mister [L/N] will be arriving shortly.

Batwoman : Thank you Alfred, I'll be down to greet him in a few minutes.

She says with a hint of sadness in her voice, which the Wayne's longtime butler doesn't fail to notice.

Alfred : Something is bothering you. What is it?

Heh. Ever since I was a little girl, Alfred has always been able to read me like a book.

Batwoman : Putting it bluntly, I'm scared Alfred.

Alfred : Oh my. The Batwoman being afraid? That's something you don't hear everyday.

He jokes, causing her to chuckle a little.

Batwoman : True, but right now I'm not Batwoman. I'm just Brenda Wayne, and Brenda Wayne does get scared sometimes.

Alfred : What is it you're afraid of Madam Brenda?

Batwoman : My work getting in the way of my personal life, if you know what I mean.

Alfred : I see. Understandable, but there is a solution to that problem of yours.

Batwoman : And that is?

Alfred : Tell him your secret.

Reveal to [Y/N] that I'm Batwoman? The thought has crossed my mind before, but I don't know if I should. I know he is someone I can trust, but what if he isn't happy at learning I'm the Dark Knight? After all, there are plenty of people in Gotham who view me in a negative light.

Batwoman : Alfred, I-

Alfred : Pardon me for interrupting you Madam, but let me say this before you speak. Ever since you began dating Mister [L/N], I've noticed you've been happier than I've seen you in a good while. Take some advice from a man who's been around for a long time and don't let your worries jeopardize this happiness the same way you believe being Batwoman might. It's clear to me that he loves you dearly, and in my opinion finding out you being a hero won't change that.

Batwoman : Thank you Alfred.

Alfred : You're very welcome Madam Brenda.

She similes warmly at him before looking out her window and seeing [Y/N]'s car pull up.

Alfred : Whatever you choose is for you to decide, just remember what I've told you.

Batwoman : I will Alfred, but I already made my choice.

The two make their way down the stairs to the front door, Alfred opening it to greet the man standing on the other side

Alfred : Good evening Mister [L/N], Madam Wayne is waiting for you.

[Y/N] : Thanks Alfred, it's good to see you again.

Alfred : Likewise.

Entering the mansion, [Y/N] blushes at the sight of his gorgeous girlfriend.

God, I swear she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

Seeing his blush, Brenda chuckles while walking up to him.

Batwoman : I take it you like what you see?

[Y/N] : Y-yes. I mean...you look amazing Brenda.

Batwoman : Why thank you. You look quite handsome yourself [Y/N]. Before we leave, there's something I would like to show you.

She says with a hint of seriousness at the end before leading her boyfriend further inside.

Pulling on a book from a nearby bookshelf, Brenda causes a secret entryway to open up.

[Y/N] : W-what is this?

Batwoman : Just follow me.

He complies and walks with her into the series of caves under Wayne manor.

Batwoman : Welcome to the Batcave [Y/N].

She says as his eyes widen.

Batcave?! That must mean-

Realization sets in as [Y/N] stares at his girlfriend in surprise.

[Y/N] : Brenda, a-are you Batwoman?

Batwoman : I am, and I thought it was time you should know.

[Y/N] : O-ok, this is something I wasn't expecting tonight, n-not that it's a bad thing mind you. This does explain all the times you had to call off a date or had to leave suddenly.

Batwoman : So...you're not upset?

[Y/N] : Not at all! I love you so much Brenda, and you being Batwoman doesn't change that in the slightest.

Batwoman : That's a huge relief. I love you too [Y/N].

She pulls him into a passionate kiss that lasts nearly a minute before they both pull away for air.

[Y/N] : I do have loads of questions for you though.

Batwoman : I'll be happy to answer all of them...after our date.

[Y/N] : I'll hold you to that. Happy anniversary Brenda.

Batwoman : Happy anniversary [Y/N].

The two then leave the Batcave, Brenda grateful that she took Alfred's advice.