CHAPTER (八)

.

.

.

After being brutally punched and kicked by the members of the Wang mafia, He Peng collapsed onto the ground in a weakened state. As he lay there, struggling to catch his breath, Haikuan spoke up with concern for their victim. "Shouldn't we stop now, Godfather? We still need him to answer our questions. He can't just die so easily." In response, Wang Yibo ordered his men to cease their attack. "Enough everyone." he commanded sternly. "Bring him to the Wang underground and lock him up." Without hesitation, all of the members began carrying out their leader's orders. Satisfied with the situation at hand, Wang Yibo turned to address his followers once more. "We must return to the mansion now." he declared. "Zhan and Zanjin must be waiting for us." The others nodded in agreement and they made their way back to where they had parked their car earlier.

.

.

.

(Hao Xuan)

(Hao Xuan)

.

.

.

"Who the fuck allows you to leave now, Godfather Wang Yibo?" With that, another group of Hao mafia members initiated an attack against the Wang mafia. "It's been a while, Godfather Hao Xuan." Wang Yibo greeted with a calculated tone. "It has been some time since I was completely revived." Xuan murmured. "Do you miss me, Wang Yibo?" he softly inquired, drawing closer to Yibo and gently brushing the Wang godfather's shoulder using his forefinger. Liu Haikuan seethed inwardly, appalled by someone behaving so disrespectful and disgusting towards his godfather. Haikuan was on the verge of attacking Hao Xuan, but Yibo gestured for him to halt, raising his palm. Yibo smirked, "You seem to be the one missing me more, aren't you?" he whispered into Xuan's ear, causing the man to recoil slightly and step back.

.

.

.

.

.

Shortly after, a shiver ran down Wang Yibo's spine as he felt Hao Xuan's chuckle reverberate in his ear. "Wang Yibo.. a.. Wang Yibo... such a fascinating name." Xuan uttered, savoring each syllable. Nonchalantly, he adjusted Yibo's collar, getting dangerously close to his ear. "I'm genuinely curious about Zhan's current state." he whispered, his tone dripping with malice, followed by another ominous chuckle. Wang Yibo's eyes widened with a mix of concern and anger, and in a swift motion, he seized Hao Xuan's collar, the air thick with tension. "Speak! What have you done to him?" Yibo's demand echoed in the confined space, each word laced with a sense of urgency and intimidation. Xuan, however, seemed to revel in the situation, responding with another unsettling chuckle. As Yibo tightened his grip on Xuan's collar, the atmosphere grew tenser. "I won't ask again. What did you do to Zhan?"