CHAPTER (二十四)

.

.

.

Hao Xuan returned to the Hao mansion after completing his tasks. Meng Ziyi arrived first and greeted him as "Godfather Hao." They entered the mansion, and Hao Xuan gestured for the saintess to take a seat. "The pill?" Ziyi retrieved a box from her sleeve and handed it to Hao Xuan. Curiosity sparked within the saintess as she inquired, "Can you tell me who this person is? Why do you want to save him so badly?" Meng Ziyi didn't expect Xuan to actually answer her question. After a moment of contemplation, Hao Xuan replied slowly, "He is the love of my life, my happiness, the person I'll always cherish. Unfortunately, he was murdered by someone many years ago." Ziyi's brows furrowed, "By whom?" Hao Xuan sighed and replied almost in a whisper, "The Wang godfather, Wang Yibo."

>

>

>

/FLASHBACK/

(Continuation)

>

>

>

"I need both of you to find this anonymous writer. I believe this person might be an important person of the demon tribe." Yibo stated firmly. He paused for a moment before continuing, "But, I'm afraid we can only start the mission when the war begins." Both Haikuan and Zanjin exchanged glances before returning their attention to Wang Yibo. "Well, then, we can use this time for preparation." Haikuan suggested. Yibo nodded thoughtfully, murmuring to himself, "Only a few days left..."

.

.

.

(In Hao Xuan's room)

.

.

.

"Gege." Jiyang called out softly. "Mhm? What is it, a-yang?" Hao Xuan responded, his tone gentle. "I heard that the Mongol forces are very strong. I'm afraid we won't be able to defeat them." Jiyang said, his voice filled with worry as he looked down. Hao Xuan smiled reassuringly and hugged Jiyang tightly. "I believe we can win the war, trust me." he said softly, cupping the younger boy's forehead and smiling. "The forces in the Quzhao Song sect are strong, after all." Hao Xuan continued to embrace Jiyang, offering comfort. After a moment, he spoke again, "When the war begins, stay inside the sect. Don't go anywhere, okay?" Jiyang looked confused, his eyes fixed on Hao Xuan's. "What do you mean, Xuan-ge? Aren't we fighting together?" he asked, his expression worried. "Dui bu qi (I'm sorry), a-yang." Xuan murmured apologetically, gently knocking the back of Jiyang's neck, causing the younger boy to collapse against him. Carefully, Hao Xuan lifted Jiyang into his arms and carried him out of the room.