Chapter 8

"Are you sure you don't know anything about them? Anything?" Jisoo asked slowly, tapping the book she's been reading inside the public library.

The man gave her a weird look, "Look dude, I'm not superstitious and that's an ancient genie whatever book that I know nothing about. I'm just a damn part-time librarian.. so you wanna borrow the book or not?"

Jisoo sighed deeply, shutting her heavy-lidded eyes as she pushed the thick book further towards him, "Include it with the other two."

"Oh-kay, and please tell your friends AGAIN to hush it down, this isn't a play center." He reminded Jisoo before giving her back the borrower's card and the books inside a paper bag.

Jisoo glanced at her friends, who were building a tall pyramid with the use of books while they try to keep it "discreet" at the very corner of the big library.

"Rosie! Faster with the books, come on, we're almost done!" Seulgi whispered in a screaming way as she cupped her mouth to call her over. Lisa was concentrating in putting another book to the pyramid, her tongue even darting out of her lips.

Roseanne happily skipped towards them, more books in her arm. Yeri was also there as if she was Seulgi's judge if the pyramid looked good from afar. Meanwhile, Irene was laying down on the wooden floor with a phone in her ear and an angry expression on her face, probably calling their agency again.

Irene then suddenly sat up, angrily whisper-screaming to the phone. Her motion caused Roseanne to crash onto her upper body when she was about to jump over her for fun.

Then chaos ensued.

Their pyramid collapsed. Books and bodies were all over the place. Annoyed slams on tables of legitimate library users and 'shhh' filled the huge library. To make it even worse, people were marching towards Jisoo's direction, actually to the librarian to probably report her noisy friends for the countless time.

"Another thing.." The librarian said, giving Jisoo a paper the same size as the borrowers card, "A banned warrant from the public library of Akron. Please only come back to return those books without those dumb hoodlum friends of yours.."

Jisoo frowned and gripped the paper bag, "Hey, don't call them that. They're an embarrassing mess but only I get to complain and insult them. But sorry for the chaos though."

-

"Thirty minutes inside and you guys got us banned from a.. a library!" Jisoo whined in disbelief right away as they walked to the parking lot, "Even you Irene, arguing on the phone in a library!"

"Sorry! The agency's acting like a bitch again. They're cutting off more of the band's allowance just when our tour's about to end, all because we haven't had a "packed event" for not even once." Irene airquoted.

"Imma 'pack' his face!" Lisa cracked her knuckles.

"And we can't get a soldout audience because we're never the main event!" Roseanne said.

"Oh, girl, I hate to break it to 'ya but I don't think we'd get a packed event if it's the other way.." Seulgi added, "But that's for now, though! Soon we easily will!"

Jisoo sighed at their conversation, "Allowance getting cut off is not good news nor it is bad. We have our earnings from the extra gigs and we saved so much on gasoline."

"Yeah, such a life saver with that wish, babe. I even miss the taste of cup noodles because we saved a lot from that." Lisa humored.

Jisoo scoffed loudly, "I can gladly cut you off our meals for noodles if you miss it."

"Not nice, Jisoo babe-unnie!" Lisa rolled her eyes, as she continued walking behind the lone Jisoo in front of them, "And what are you even borrowing from that anti-fun, pyramid-hating library!"