Chapter 10

"Okay, check yours too, please." The music fest staff said with a clipboard in his hand.

Jisoo tapped on the microphone, "Check. Test. Test. All good, buddy."

"Oh my god! You're doing so amazing, master babe!"

Jisoo glanced at the frontrow where she found Jennie clapping and jumping in glee. Irene had to stifle her laugh while trying to pull Jennie down by the hem of her shirt, telling her they haven't even began playing yet.

They attracted some weirded-out glances from the music festival crew, busy with preparations of the event during the soundcheck at eight in the morning.

Jisoo just smiled and waved shyly at her. Jennie showed her thumbs up before finally settling to her seat.

"Track 1 in 3, 2.." Lisa said before the drumcount and they played.

While slapping the bass and singing backing vocals, Jisoo noticed Viva Voce arriving in style and arrogance, as if they were some hotshot in the event.

Suddenly, Suho was clapping sarcastically like an asshole and screaming, 'Pink Poop rocks!' while his bandmates laughed together with him, even prompting him to cheer louder when the crew caught their attention.

Jisoo tensed up when Jennie's smile faded and snapped her head to the side where Viva Voce stood, "What the fuck did you just say?!" Jennie yelled at him, looking like she was ready to get into a fist fight with him like she was some kind of athletic six-footer.

Jisoo could remember how Jennie gets tired easily.

Yet despite that fact, Jennie really attempted to dash towards the guy much like an angry cat while Suho just raised both his arms questionably, as if he had done nothing wrong.

Just in time when their first song ended, Jisoo unplugged the cord from her bass, spun the guitar around her body before jumping off the stage.

She made her way to her genie immediately.

"Jennie, Jen. Jen." Jisoo spoke, softly tugging her backwards by her arm. It left them enough distance from Viva Voce to speak quietly, "Leave them be.."

"These jerks don't know how to respect you when you were playing!" Jennie protested, pointing at them, "I'll handle this, I oughta shoot some arrows in their heads if I have to!"

Jisoo nipped her lip as she just pulled Jennie closer to her so she'd only have to whisper a little, "I understand they're annoying but one of them's the witch. I don't want you to get caught, please."

That's when Jennie's features had softened. She let out a small sigh before nodding her head gently, "I'm sorry. I won't."

Jisoo smiled, giving a soft caress on Jennie's arm before Jennie sat down with Irene. She turned to Viva Voce and found Sohee scrutinizingly staring at Jennie.

Jisoo gulped in worry and stepped aside to block Sohee's view of her genie, "It's just soundcheck yet you're already here barking." Jisoo spoke.

Suzy rolled her eyes, "It's your dog who's barking at Suho. Put your girl on leash next time, will ya?"

Her words made Jisoo ball her fists to her side.

"Jisoo. The staff said the next artist is on standby. Let's perform track 3. Right now, babe." Roseanne intervened from the edge of the stage, her tone with a hint of warning.

Jisoo clenched her jaw and stepped towards Suzy's face head-on, "Leave her out of your filthy mouth before I make sure you never get to sing with it again." She whispered, quieting the entire Viva Voce in their place as the punks didn't even hear that.