onze.

I poured creamer into my coffee, leaving it darker than Tara's. she was sitting in the dining room on her phone. her hair was up in a messy bun and she didn't have her makeup done yet, but she was just as beautiful, which made me smile.

"my dumbass parents grow this, but it's actually really good." I explain, sliding her mug across the table.

"girl, why do you hate your parents so much?" she looked up at me, sipping her coffee.

"they just kind of fucked me up, you know? ive been so sheltered my whole life until imwas finally able to move out. i mean, being sheltered is okay but being too kept up is traumatizing." i explained with a sigh.

"do you even talk to them anymore?" she asks cautiously.

"they still text me almost everyday." i explained, "but its always the same shit."

tara nods, returning to her coffee. "so, you and johnnie!"

"oh, hush. i doubt he thought of it as anything more than jusy 'kissing the homies.'" i rolled my eyes. "i mean, he did admit i make his life a hell of a lot better." i quoted.

"y/n, you are as blind as a damn bat. drunk words, sober thoughts."

"well, again, he couldve meant it friendly like im one of his best friends." i sighed, "i really dont want to get my hopes up."

"i cant wait until i can say 'i told you so' because best friends dont act like this." she shook her head and opened her phone, showing me the photos of me and johnnie she took. she scrolled through them. i memorized the way johnnies hands clung on to my waist and the way he tilted his head to meet mine. tara was right, friends dont do that.

"i guess youre right." i shrugged. "i have no argument for that, i guess well just have to play it by ear.

"thank you." she said, feeling accomplished.

"whatever, tara." i pursed my lips together.

"dont worry, ladies. the party is here." jake walked into the dining room with his arms in the air. his hair was messy as fuck and he was still in his new years outfit.

"oh my god, you stink." tara joked, plugging her nose as she rolled her eyes.

"i am embracing my natural scent. let me live, tara." he threw his arms down to his sides.

"well, its giving me nose cancer." i went along with tara, but he didnt actually smell bad.

"whatever." jake sassed, sitting down at the table.

"can i fill jake in?" tara asked, excitedly.

i laughed. "this isnt highschool gossip but i dont mind." she nodded and began to whisper in jakes ear. "you know, johnnies not up so you dont have to whisper."

"whisper what?" a tired, raspy voice asked. johnnie walked into the kitchen, also with messy hair and in the same clothes. a mix of eye shadow and eyebags make his sleepy blue eyes more prominant.

"nothing." i smiled, feeling my face heat up. i covered my mouth and looked away.