quinze.

I was intoxicated with laughing gas as I walked with jake and johnnie out of the hospital.

"johnnie," I giggled, dragging out the 'ie' in his name. "you're cute."

jake gagged. "ew-ugh!"

I scratched at the bandage on my head, making johnnie pull my hand away. "you're going to mess up your stitches."

"girl, it's fine." I sassed, complying as he helped me into the back seat. he climbed in next to me and buckled me in.

I unbuckled myself and laid down, spreading my limbs across the seats and laying my head in Johnnie's lap. I felt him tense before he relaxed as he ran his fingers through my hair.

jake turned up whatever was on the radio as I closed my eyes.

"is it safe for her to close her eyes?" johnnie spoke as if I was already asleep.

"I mean- maybe? did they even check to see if she has a concussion or anything?" he grew more concerned again.

"I'm fine, why are you sooo worried?" I slurred, opening my eyes to look up at him.

"because, it's scary." johnnie blushed, looking out the window. I laughed and closed my eyes again, my mind racing with miscellaneous thoughts as I listened to the radio.

he continued gently brushing through my hair as he sighed. "they didn't even get all of the blood off of you." Jake said, glancing back.

"she can shower whenever we get there." johnnie responds. "the fuck is wrong with those doctors? he was weird as fuck."

jake shrugged, resting one arm on the center console. "y/n?" he asked, "does your head hurt?"

I took a second to think about it. "my whole body is tingly." I giggled.

jake sighed loudly, "that doesn't answer my question."

"I'm sure she'd tell us if she's in pain." Johnnie's voice shook slightly.

I opened one eye to look up at him. he was still staring out the window as the dark blue sky.

we pulled into their driveway. I let out the breath that I had been holding for an unnamed reason, a loud sigh falling from my lips.

"come on." johnnie said sweetly, opening the door and getting out after I sat up. he helped me out, holding my hand once more.

"you good to shower? I don't think you should sleep with all of that blood, missy." Jake unlocked the door to the pitch black house.

"am I waterproof?"

"uh, no. but, your stitches are, if that's what you meant." he laughed at me as he walked inside.

"I'll help you," he paused, his face flushing red, "well, I won't like, be in there. I'll help you start the shower." he mansplained.

"I wouldn't care either way." I smirked, leaning into his arm.

"when the fuck does laughing gas wear off because she looks as if she's about to fuck you right here." Jake rolled his eyes.

"I do not!" I whined, kicking my shoes off.

he laughed, grabbing a water out of the fridge. "oookay." he said, sarcastically.

"come on," johnnie helped me up the stairs and into the bathroom. "are you ok to be in here by yourself? I'll just be in the other room."

"yeah, can you start it?" I pouted. "I'm so tired."

"I know," he rubbed my back before turning on the shower and leaving the bathroom. "call me if you need anything, okay?" he said, sweetly.

i hummed in response and got undressed. I stepped into the lukewarm water, a sense of comfort filling me as the water pounded against my body. I gently scrubbed my scalp, getting a scary amount of dried blood out of my hair and off my face.

I stepped out and began to dry myself off when johnnie knocked on the door. "hey, I have one of my t-shirts and an old pair of Tara's shorts that jake grabbed for you." he called through the door.

"you can open the door." I replied, feeling a bit more level headed.

I made sure I was completely wrapped in the towel so I was decent. johnnie slowly opened the door and peaked in, holding out the clothes. "sorry,"

"for what?" I asked, a concerned look on my face.

"uh, I don't know," he laughed awkwardly, giving me a once over before waving and shutting the door.

I laughed to myself at how awkward he was. I slipped on the misfits shirt he gave me and the light pink shorts that were Tara's. I felt stupid in the outfit, but it was just to sleep. I made a mental note for tomorrow, acknowledging that I had to get my car and my essentials from my apartment. I brushed through my hair the best I could. coming down off the laughing gas made my limbs feel weak.

I walked downstairs to see johnnie laying on the couch on his phone, most likely watching tiktok. "hey." I greeted.

"hey, jake already went to bed. you ready to get in bed?" he shut off his phone and sat up.

"uh, yeah." I stuttered, "where am I sleeping?"

he gave me a look, "I thought we'd just share my bed, to be honest." his face flushed.

"I mean, I didn't want to intrude or anything." I look down at my feet.

"you're not." he paused, "I get the best sleep when I'm with you."

"lead the way," I smiled softly, ready to get in bed.

silence filled the hall as we walked. he glanced back at me, "are you okay?"

I thought for a moment, "yeah. I'm just a little shaken up." I admitted.

"well, yeah. what are you going to do about your apartment?"

"I've been wanting to move out of there for a while, this isn't the first kind of thing that has happened around or to me. I don't want to stay in your guys' hair, though. I'll probably stay tomorrow night then go back." I frowned.

"no. y/n, it's not safe." johnnie protested. "we want you here."

"you don't have to be nice, johnnie. you can tell me if you really don't want to stay." i said cautiously, hoping he truthfully did want me here.

"I want you here." he repeated in a more serious tone. I simply nodded.

he opened the door to his room, and threw himself on the bed, spreading his limbs wide.

"hey, there's no room for me." I pushed him over, half of my body laying on him.

"your room is a fucking freezer." I scolded johnnie.

he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close. "does this help?"

I rolled my eyes, "that was so cheesy, but yes." he chuckled into my neck as he buried his face. "night, johnnie." I whispered, moving stray hair out of his face.

he kissed my forehead. "goodnight."