dix-sept

I groaned as I woke up, sprawled out in Johnnie's bed for the 4th day in a row. I rubbed the sleepiness out of my eyes and looked over. johnnie wasn't there. I mean, obviously, he wasn't. I checked the time, it was 7:30 on the dot.

I picked up my uniform off the floor next to the bed; where johnnie had tossed my clothes last night while looking for something. I giggled audibly at the memory.

I quickly slipped on the black t-shirt and black jeans, which were a nice contrast against my pink polka-dot apron. 'fuck, my apron' I thought back to my apartment where it was sitting, folded on my bed. what a great start to my night. I settled on using one of the spares in the back, even though they were boring compared to mine which was covered in pins and other miscellaneous things I could put on there.

I heard a soft knock on the door, "you up?" Johnnie's muffled voice called.

"yeah," I sighed.

johnnie walked into the room holding a mug. "you okay?"

"yeah, just forgot my apron." I stand up completely to meet johnnie.

"oh, sorry. I made this for you." he passed me the mug which was filled with coffee and creamer. "it may be ass, me and Jake don't make coffee that much."

"I don't really think it's possible to make coffee that tastes like shit. it's kinda hard to fuck it up." I rambled before taking a sip. it was surprisingly good, although it did taste microwaved. who was i to complain? i hummed, "this is great, thank you."

johnnie smiled in response, his bright blue eyes squinting slightly. i couldn't help but smile back. johnnie sat on the bed next to me while i was doing my light makeup, leaning back and sitting on his phone. i enjoyed the company, even if we weren't talking. i fought the urge to tell him that.

"anything special planned tonight?" he asked, breaking the comfortable silence that had tainted the room.

i hummed, "i think i'm just going to decorate for valentines. my parents are coming to town soon, they'll kill me if i don't use the decorations they send every year." i blurted.

johnnie paused, looking over his phone at me. i turned around and made eye contact with him. "your parents are coming to town?"

"uh, yeah," i hesitated, "why?"

"you don't talk about them much." he shrugged, switching his gaze back to his phone.

"i mean, what is there to say?" i mumble as i fill in my waterline. "they kept me in a box my whole childhood, they're really not my favorite people."

"i'm sorry, y/n." he shuts off his phone and places it on the bed next to him.

"no worries." i shrug it off.

"can i come help you decorate later?" he smiled.

i rolled my eyes, "johnnie, you really need to fix your sleep schedule." i scolded.

"that's hard to do and i wanna help." he whined.

"if you absolutely have to come help then i guess you can." i stood up after tying my shoes.

"i'll be there, just text me when you're about to start." he grinned.

"i will." i responded before starting to do my hair in the mirror. i tossed it into a half up half down type of style since it was easy and still hid my stitched relatively well. i turn to johnnie, "how bad do my stitches look?"

i watched as he stood up in front of me, looking down at my hairline. he gently adjusted a section of my hair before stepping back and smiling. "it's covered now."