vingt-et-un

i woke up to johnnie sitting on the bed. he stared down at his phone. his leg was shaking gently, and i could feel the nervous energy radiating off of him.

"Good morning." i say cautiously. "Are you okay?"

"Can we talk?" he looks over to me, a neutral expression on his face.

i could tell it was important. i had never truly seen johnnie so serious. "Uh, yeah?" i sit up, "should i get ready for the day first?"

"If you want, but i dont care." he looks away.

"Okay, what's up?" i could feel a pit in my stomach. i pulled the covers further over my lap, clutching them nervously.

"i know this is really soon, but i can't hide my feelings for you anymore." he smiled softly, "Will you be my girlfriend."

a million thoughts ran through my head. "of fucking course. It's not too soon at all, i feel like I've been waiting years for you to ask."

he didn't respond but immediately pulling me in. he kissed my lips softly, his hands on either side of my face. he didn't pull away, and neither did i. his hands moved to my waist, gripping my gently as our lips glided together. i pulled him closer to me, dreading the moment he'd pull away. but he hadn't yet.

the kiss grew more passionate, making my whole body feel hot. he gently pushed me back onto the bed, putting us both in a better position. he crawled on top of me, continuing to kiss me. i continuously tried to pull him closer. it felt as if he wasn't close enough.

his tongue traced my bottom lip, asking for entrance. i opened my mouth slightly, nervous because i wasn't too sure how to really kiss. with johnie, it was like clock work. i followed his lead. his hand brushed my face and ran through my hair.

johnnie pulled away as he heard his phone ring. he was breathing heavily as he stared down at me with a soft smile on his face. "im sorry, hold on. its probably important."

"its alright." i choke out, trying to form actual words. "I'll be back." i say, grabbing a change of clothes and going to the bathroom. he nods and answers the phone.

i lock the bathroom door and immediately call Tara. she picks up almost immediately. "Hey!" she greeted, dragging out the y.

"Oh my god. you'll never guess what just happened." i stuttered.

"What?!"

"me and johnnie just fucking made out. he asked me to be his girlfriend, and i said yes, of course. but im so scared, ive never been in a relationship before. what if im bad at it? i really want it to work out with Johnnie." i rambled, turning on the shower and beginning to undress.

"No fucking way. Holy shit, im so happy for you, y/n! i told you it'd all work out." i could tell she was smiling on the other side of the phone. "By the way, im coming over later. jake said him and johnnie have a surprise for us, i guess."

"Oh shit, i wonder what it could be. jake hasnt said anything to me, but alright." i step into the warm water and begin to wash my hair.

"It's probably something really stupid, per usual." she laughs, "sooo, what happened after you and johnnie fucking kissed?!"

"well, he pulled away because he was recieving a call. he said it was important, and then i called you." i washed my face and turned off the shower. "im still so nervous around him, though."

"im sure he's just the same. the only difference is he's been in a relationship."

i dried off and got dressed. "Yeah, i guess so. well, I'm going to go hang out with him. I'll see you later!"

"Okay, have fun. use protection! bye, babe." she laughed before hanging up the phone.

johnnie ended up being busy for the rest of the day. i laid in the bed while he streamed, listening as he played the guitar.

hours had passed, and it was finally time for jake and johnnies secret announcement. the 4 of us sat in the living room. tara had brought over a bottle of whiskey, so we all had our own cup of alcohol.

after some small talk, jake pulled out his phone. "So, me and my husband were searching the web and found out Falling in Reverse is coming to the state, but a couple cities away. we bought tickets for all 4 of us." he flipped his phone to show us.

my jaw dropped. "no fucking way." i had been a falling in reverse fan since my teen years.

tara screamed, her hand flying over her mouth. she pulled jake in for a hug. "Oh my god. I'm so excited!"

i hugged Johnnie tight. "you guys are fucking crazy." he placed a peck on my lips.

jake gagged before returning his attention to tara. "Thank you two so much." me and tara said in unison, giggling at the accident.

"holy shit, we have to plan our outfits." i turn to tara.

"Oh my god, yes." i noticed that tara repeated the phrase 'oh my god' a lot.

she posted a photo of the 4 of us on her instagram story captioned 'guess whos going to see falling in reverse?!'