Chapter Two

Amber felt she had enjoyed herself spending on Jonas' credit card. She didn't go overboard; she tried to control herself. But this was the first time she'd been anywhere near a credit card, much less been able to spend on one.

Amber chose a nice outfit for the night ahead. Whatever Jonas had planned for her. She chose a purple strapless mini dress and high heels. Amber had only worn high heels once before in her life. That was when she went to her cousin's wedding. She knew they would take some getting used to.

*Knock-knock-knock*

Jonas knocked on Amber's door. He was wearing a white shirt and jeans, and looked incredibly handsome, at least, that's what Amber thought.

"You ready?" asked Jonas.

Amber nodded. "I think so, even though you won't tell me where we're going."

"Oh, trust me, you're going to love it," said Jonas.

"I trust you," said Amber. She walked out of the bedroom, a little awkwardly in her high heels, and down the stairs to the limo. Jonas opened the door for her and she climbed inside. Then Jonas climbed in the other side.

They drove for some time, until they stopped outside a very cool looking club. It looked cool, but it seemed dead.

"Jonas, where is everyone?"

"You'll see."

They got out of the limo and entered the club. A dark sheet covered the main entrance to the club, after they made their way through the cloakroom. Jonas pulled the sheet down, to reveal a club full of people.

"SURPRISE!"

"Oh my gosh!" Amber clapped her hands over her mouth in shock.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMBER!"

Cheers went up through the club. Amber was still in shock.

"Well, what do you think?" asked Jonas.

"Oh, Jonas," Amber gushed. She kissed him and flung her arms around him.

Suddenly Amber caught sight of a girl dancing in the corner of the club.

"Oh my gosh, is that Daisy?"

"Yep," Jonas smiled.

Amber ran up to her and gave her a big hug.

"What are you doing here?" asked Amber. "I thought you were busy studying?"

"You think I'd miss my best friend's birthday?"

Amber felt touched that Daisy had called her her best friend.

"Plus I just wanted to see Jonas again."

Amber laughed.

"Anyway, look at you! You look amazing!"

Amber blushed. "Thanks. Jonas bought it for me."

"You are so lucky," Daisy said. "I bet Rachel is kicking herself now."

Amber laughed. She hadn't thought about Rachel since she broke up with Jonas. She wondered how she was.

"Amber," Jonas said. "There's someone else here to see you."

Amber turned around, and couldn't believe her eyes. Standing in front of her was her mother Angela and father Robert. She gave them both a big hug.

"What are you two doing here?" asked Amber.

"Jonas flew us out here," Angela said.

Amber smiled. At least she'd got his name right this time!

"It's so great to see you both!" Amber hugged them one more time.

Amber spent the rest of the night dancing, chatting to guests, and eating cake.

She felt it had been an awesome party. She felt like the luckiest girl in the world.