Chapter Three

Amber and Jonas slept in till twelve the next day. They felt as if they needed it.

Jonas was woken by his phone buzzing on the bedside table. He picked it up and answered it. "Jonas speaking."

"Hey, Jonas." It was Jonas' manager, Frank.

"What do you have for me this time?" Jonas joked.

"Well, we want you to do a virtual fan event," Frank explained.

"A virtual fan event?" Jonas repeated.

"Yes."

"What would that entail?"

"OK. Fans will purchase tickets, like they would for a show. They will then receive a link to the show. You'll be chatting to fans, maybe doing some of your songs, and answering any questions they may have."

"Sounds good to me," Jonas said.

"Great. The event is in two weeks' time. It's a good idea to Tweet your fans to let them know."

"Will do. Thanks, Frank."

"You're welcome. See you later, Jonas." He hung up.

"What was that about?" Amber said groggily, still waking up.

"Frank wants me to do a virtual fan event," said Jonas.

"What's that?"

"I'm not sure, but I think it means interacting with my fans over the Internet."

"Don't you do that already?"

"Yes, but this will be on a much bigger scale."

Amber nodded. She knew she wanted to be a part of it, but didn't want to impose.

Then suddenly, Jonas said, "Maybe you could help me out."

Amber smiled. "Nothing would make me happier."

Jonas took her hands in his and kissed her. "Good, because I want you there every step of the way."

Amber threw her arms around Jonas and kissed him back.

***

The day had arrived for Jonas' virtual fan event. It would be streamed live from Jonas' apartment. And Amber was helping him get ready.

Amber checked that the cameras were working properly, and that she could see the chat stream coming through on the laptop. Meanwhile, Jonas was getting ready. He gelled up his strawberry blonde hair and did some vocal exercises. He was ready for the show.

Jonas came into the room and caught Amber off guard. Even after all the time spent with him, she still got caught off guard when she saw him.

"Ready?" asked Amber.

"Ready," said Jonas. He stood in front of the camera, which Amber was behind.

"Three.... two... one... and we're live!"

"Hello everyone!" Jonas waved at the camera. "Welcome to Jonas' Virtual Fan Event. I want to first thank you all for purchasing tickets. We've got a great show lined up for you today."

On the laptop in front of her, Amber relayed messages to Jonas into the earpiece he was wearing.

Amber wasn't surprised to see that Daisy had joined them for the event. She knew her username from Twitter.

Jonas sang some of his songs, and Amber swooned as he did, and even almost shed a tear. He also answered fan questions.

"Hey, Jonas," one fan typed. "What brand of shirts do you wear?" Amber relayed the question to Jonas through the earpiece.

Jonas laughed at the random question. "That's one of the oddest questions I've ever had," he said. "Now some people might think I go for the expensive stuff, but in reality, I prefer cheap and cheerful."

The show was going very well, Amber thought to herself.

"Well, that's almost all we've got time for," said Jonas, and Amber felt a pang of sadness as he did. "But before I go," he continued, "I wanted to introduce my girlfriend-cum-producer, Amber. Get up here, Amber."

Amber blushed as she walked in front of the camera, and waved. "Hi everyone!"

"Hi, Amber!" the fans cheered.

"Well that really is all we've got time for," said Jonas. "See you guys next time! Bye!"

Amber hurried back to the camera and turned it off.

"Another successful day," said Jonas.

"Do you ever get tired of it all?" asked Amber.

Jonas paused for a moment. "Yeah, kind of," he said.

"What are you tired of?"

"I'm tired of always having to look happy. I'm tired of always having to be approachable. Most of all, I just want to live like a normal person really."

Amber took his hands in hers. "I'm not sure if that's possible."

"Me neither," said Jonas.