Chapter Six

Amber had gotten plenty of responses to her Tweet. She had to be careful that Jonas didn't see them yet - she wanted them to be a surprise.

It was time for Jonas to record his final single. Amber and Jonas took the limo to the studio.

The song was a heartfelt number, slow but not too slow - and it made Amber cry. She knew it would make other fans cry too.

Over the next few days, Jonas recorded the video for his single, and Amber was there with him every step of the way. He even found himself getting emotional at the words to the song; they were definitely poignant.

After the video was recorded, Jonas took Amber out for lunch.

"I can't wait to have more days like this with you," said Jonas.

"Me neither," said Amber, and she meant it too. Although she was sad that Jonas was retiring, she was looking forward to spending more time with him.

However, she didn't feel as if she made a mistake by reaching out to fans on Twitter. This wasn't about her and Jonas any more - it was about the fans.

Jonas and Amber finished up their meals and headed home.

***

Jonas had a few TV appearances to promote his final single. Again, Amber was with him for each one of them.

Amber was inundated with tweets from fellow Jonas fans, with their videos explaining how much Jonas meant to them. She would edit them all together on her laptop, to the background music of Jonas' new song, and eventually show it to Jonas. She had a thought about filming his reaction and posting that online too.

Jonas was great on the show, as he always was. There was no audience so Amber watched from backstage. It was one of those early morning TV shows and Amber had to get up extremely early in order to make it, something she'd also gotten used to.

After the show, Jonas came up to Amber and wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing her softly. Amber had to admit that Jonas had seemed happier since he announced his retirement, but she had to do all she could to make sure it didn't happen. She owed the fans that much.

They left the studio hand in hand, and headed back to Jonas' apartment.

***

Amber was busy putting together her video. She had been in the bedroom for at least an hour, and she wondered what Jonas must have thought.

Jonas came into the bedroom suddenly, and Amber quickly shut down her laptop.

"I told you I was busy," Amber protested.

"I just wanted to come in and say thank you."

"For what?"

"For finally accepting this retirement thing. Trust me, our life is about to get a hundred percent better."

"I believe you," said Amber, though guilt plagued her. She again wondered if she'd done the right thing, and if it would work.

It was certainly worth a shot.