Chapter Seven

Amber had never been more nervous in her life as she brought her laptop to Jonas, who was sitting in the living room.

Amber cleared her throat. "Jonas," she said, "I have something I want to show you."

Jonas sat up, eager to see what Amber was about to show him.

Amber put the laptop on the coffee table, navigated to the video, and pressed 'play'.

Jonas watched as the video unfolded. In the video, there were various fans trying to tell Jonas how much he meant to them.

"You were my first crush," said one, "and I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You mean so much to me, Jonas," said another.

Soon it was time for Daisy's entry.

"I can't explain how much I've enjoyed all the adventures we've had together. I can't imagine what life would be like without you in it."

Finally, Amber appeared on the video.

"I honestly don't know what to say... You know how much you mean to me, and to all these fans... We can't imagine our lives without you, Jonas. Please don't go."

The video came to an end, and Amber looked at Jonas expectantly.

Jonas sighed. "Amber, I appreciate the effort, but I've literally done all there is to do, and besides, I'm absolutely exhausted. Nothing's going to change my mind."

Jonas took Amber in his arms, who was already starting to cry. Her plan hadn't worked. She didn't know what to do now.

"Don't worry, Amber," Jonas said. "Your life with me is about to get a whole lot more exciting."

"But what about your other fans?" asked Amber. "I was one of them once. They'll miss you."

"People move on, Amber."

"Some people don't."

Jonas tightened his grip on Amber. "I know, but I can't be responsible for those people."

Amber nodded, though tears were still streaming down her face. "So, when you say life is about to get more exciting, what do you mean?"

"I mean," said Jonas, "that you and I are going travelling."

Amber had to admit, that did sound exciting. "Where will we go?"

"Everywhere. And the best part is, I won't have to work. Just enjoy the sights and enjoy being with you."

Amber nodded again, and smiled. "I guess I'm looking forward to it."

"See? I knew you'd come round to the idea."

"I'm sorry I tried to make you change your mind."

"Don't be. I really like the video. It's nice to have something to remember my fans by."

Amber nodded once more.

"And besides, I won't be totally off the grid. I'll still be active on social media."

"That makes me feel a little better," said Amber.

Jonas kissed her forehead. "I love you," he said.

"I love you more," said Amber, wrapping her arms around Jonas.

"I can't wait to start planning for our next adventure."

Amber smiled. "Me neither."