Chapter Nine

Jonas had officially retired. There was no more work to be done. Jonas and Amber were off on a luxury holiday to Paris, France. Amber had already been here as part of Jonas' promotional tour for his TV show, but this time they were going to immerse themselves fully in rest and relaxation.

Jonas held Amber's hand as they climbed the Eiffel Tower. Amber was in awe of the sights in front of her.

They stopped by a little restaurant for dinner.

"I'm so enjoying just spending time with you," Jonas said.

"Me too," said Amber.

"So you don't think this retirement thing is that bad now?"

"Definitely not."

Jonas took Amber's hand, and massaged it gently. "This is your life now."

Amber couldn't help but smile.

Later that evening, Jonas and Amber attended a firework display just outside Paris. As she watched the fireworks shoot across the sky, Amber felt she couldn't be happier. She flung her arms around Jonas and kissed him.

***

Amber was so used to touring that it was a shock to the system when they stayed in Paris for a good couple of weeks, just relaxing and seeing the sights.

But it was now time for them to return home to London. Amber felt she had had an amazing time. She also thought she could get used to this life.

Amber and Jonas were snuggling at home when the doorbell rang.

"You expecting anyone?" Jonas asked.

Amber shook her head.

Jonas went to answer the door, and got the shock of his life as he did.

"Caitlin?" he exclaimed.

Amber poked her head round the door too. "Caitlin?" she repeated.

Caitlin stood there, saying nothing.

"What are you doing here?" asked Jonas.

"I miss you," said Caitlin.

Jonas put his hands on the back of his head and started pacing his apartment. Amber went out the front door and closed the door behind her. "Caitlin, you do know Jonas has retired, right?"

Caitlin nodded. "I can't stop thinking about him. I had to see him again."

Amber sighed. "Caitlin, please leave Jonas alone."

"But I'm obsessed," said Caitlin.

"It looks like you need some help," said Amber.

Caitlin nodded. "I just wanted to be close to him again."

Jonas suddenly came through the front door. "Listen, Caitlin. I've retired now. You need to move on."

"I just can't," said Caitlin, with tears in her eyes.

"I'm calling the police," said Jonas.

"Please don't," Caitlin said, still crying. "I'll do anything."

"Leave Jonas alone," said Amber.

"I just can't. Please come out of retirement."

Jonas' hands dropped to his sides. "Do your parents know you're here?"

Caitlin shook her head.

"Do you want us to tell them?" asked Jonas.

Caitlin shook her head again. "Please don't."

"Okay," said Amber. "But you must promise to leave Jonas alone!"

"But, like I said, I'm obsessed," said Caitlin.

"I have an idea," said Amber. "Why don't we take Caitlin for a day out, sort of get it out of her system so to speak."

Caitlin's eyes lit up at the thought.

"I don't know, Amber," said Jonas.

"It's the only way I'll leave you alone," Caitlin said. "I think."

Jonas sighed once more. "Okay. But only once."

Caitlin jumped up and down excitedly.

"What would you like to do?" asked Amber.

"Anything," said Caitlin. "As long as I'm with Jonas."

Amber smiled. "I think we can manage that."